Chapter VIII

"You forgave him".

"He promised me--"

"My beautiful Sinag, men promise things, has your dad ever promised you a pony?" The girl blinked innocently at Seojun, nodding with a small pout on her features. "Did he give it to you?" Now she shook her head, lowering her gaze, Seojun sighed, the boy had come home to invite her to go for a walk somewhere, but when he saw her, and saw that strange touch in her aura, he knew that something had happened.

And yes it happened.

" It's the last time, if something like this happens again... I'll leave him... Seriously". She said, raising her hand in an oath, sure of her decision, although in reality she didn't know if she would be able to finish something she valued so much, somehow, she felt like she couldn't do it.

And Suho had been the only person she had had after years, her parents are always far away, Soojin is always at home studying, SooAh and Taehoo on their dates, she had no other friends, so she created a dependency to have Suho with her, and she was afraid of losing that only person she claimed to have.

"Well, forget it, I'll still buy you food when that idiot does something to you again". Seojun said sighing, running his hand through his hair before grabbing his bag from the floor, standing up. "I'll pick up my mom from the hospital, you..." Seojun didn't know what to say, he didn't know if the girl really cared about that.

"can I go with you?" Her soft voice came to light. "I don't really want to stay at home anyway". The girl asked, standing up as well, looking at the large house behind her. So big and so empty.

"Do you want to go with me to pick up my mom from the hospital?" Seojun didn't believe it, another girl would have possibly said no and stayed at her house, or at least girls he had dated before, nothing romantic, but that was his attitude.

"Only if you want, I don't want to bother you either".

"Ah, my little Sinag". he began with a smile, putting his arm around the girl's shoulders. "When will you understand that you will never be a bother to me? Come on, I'll buy you an ice cream on the way".

***

Seojun watched as Aera ate her ice cream, she looked like a little girl sitting in the chair in the waiting room, spoon in her mouth while her feet moved slightly and she watched the people pass in front of her, some of them even greeted her, the boy really thought that she was going to be bored in the place, however, people didn't call her Sinag for nothing.

Aera had always been a social butterfly although talking to strangers was not her favorite action, Seojun was surprised to hear her talk to ladies, pregnant women, even children who sat next to her.

How could someone have so many different topics of conversation? He had even heard her talk about the current economy with a pregnant woman.

"Oh! Mom!" The woman greeted her son, surprised that he was there, she had told him that she did not want him to stay up late just to go pick her up, but apparently, her request had only been words to him. Mother and son were going to start walking, however, the woman frowned when she saw how he looked back attentively.

His eyes moved over his son's shoulder, seeing a girl, perhaps his age, helping an older lady up. She had a red spoon in her mouth and a small jar in her hand, however, still Thus, the girl helped the lady enter the room, saying goodbye before closing the door. The woman's eyes lit up when she saw how her son smiled at her before calling her.

Aera.

Both teenagers walked towards her after a second, while laughing about something, the woman thought that she was not going to be able to see her son that way, with a girl, he looked happy, comfortable, and somehow, she knew that she It was the girl who used to talk so much in the past.