chapter 1

"When you find something good,hold on to it"

____________________________

Breanna's pov

"You're insecure, don't know what for..." Arghh! I hate it when my alarm wakes me up.

I got up,did my morning routine and I was getting ready for work.

..

When I got to work I was met with a lot of stares and whisperes,I was used to it after all it's my second year being a doctor yet I'm praised for my good job by the head of surgeon,Mr Samuel.

I quickly went to my office and sat on my table when my eyes came across a picture on my table,a picture of me and my mom.

Ohh I miss her so much.she is the reason I became a doctor,I was 9 when she passed on,she died from an chronic tumor.I became a doctor so that I can make a change,so that I can save people's lives and make sure to find most cures for chronic illnesses.

I decided to go drink some tea before going to check out my patients.

_____________________

Damon's pov

"Please have mercy.. pl..l.... I swear I didn't mea...an to do it" I watched as the man below me on his knees begging for my mercy.

"Charlie...Charlie... Things would've not turned out like this if you came clean and told me who sent you to try and kidnap my daughter!" I was getting furious at the thought of one of my men being a spy I hate spies with all my being.

"Please Mr Gilbert I beg you It wasn't my choice they took my wife...." I shot him on his shoulder "you could have told me I was going to help you out but then no,you choose to became a snitch! Then you dare tryna beg for mercy!!!" I was now getting impatient and more furious at him

"please...ha..ave mercy I swear I won't do it ever again" I love it when they beg for mercy "ohkayy I'll let you go"I said with a grin on my face.

"Really thank you...tha..nk you" he stood and took a run for it before he even opened the door I shot him straight on the head.

I like the part when my enemies think I'm letting them go,I like it when they have hope and think they have survived only to find out they'll end up dying anyways.

..

When I got home I found my little daughter Reina colouring some papers on the coffee table.

"Daddy!" She ran to me and I span around with her "Did you miss me princess?"

"Of course daddy I missed you so much!" She quickly went back to fetch some papers and showed me.

I was not sure what was happening in the picture.

"What's happening here princess?"she now looked sad "Daddy next month at school we are holding the mother of the year contest, I'm just sad I won't be going"I hate seeing my princess like this "why won't you go?" "Daddy I don't have a mommy and everyone is making fun of me for not having a mommy to attend the mother of the year contest" she through soft sobs

"Princess what do you suggest I do?" She looked at me with puppy eyes "I want a mommy ,can you find me one? Daddy I want a mommy everyone has their mommy I want mine too" arghh how do you explain to a 5 years old that it's not that easy to find a mommy just like she wants.

I guess I'll have to make a plan or pay someone to go with her to the content "okay princess how about I pay someone to go to the content with you?" "But daddy you don't understand! It's not just about the contest I want a real mommy I'm tired of these fake mommies you always bring back home I want a real mom" it was really heart breaking hearing my daughter say that.

What pains me the most is that even though I am Thee Damon Gilbert with all the money in the world I can give Reina everything except a mom.

I don't even know how I'll even explain things to her without breaking her little heart I can see that she is longing for a mother's love something that I can not give her.

"Princess I'll find you a real mom soon just be patient" she the jumped up and down "really daddy?thank you so much" she giggled.

Even though I'm lying to her it makes me happy seing her like this.I quickly have to find a mother for her some one I'll pay to be her mother for 6 months after that can leave so that Reina could stop wanting a mother,so that she could see that we are okay without a woman in our lives the both of us are doing just okay

___________________________

Breanna's pov

"Sir I have to ask you to stand outside you are destructing us" at this moment I was arguing with a man who's daughter was a pregnant teen and was having some compilations due to her body not being fully matured for pregnancy.

"If anything happens just save my daughter and kill that bastard inside of her!" See what I hate about being a doctor,even when people need you to help them out they will still make your job hard "sir please I can't do that unless it's the mother's permission" I can see he was now fuming with anger "permission? I'm her father and she's just a minor who is still wet behind her ears how can a 15 year old know how to do good or bad decisions?I'm doing this for my daughter so if needed kill that thing" with that he went away.

..

I was on my way back home I decided to take a walk since today was a crazy hectic day as I was walking I heard some noises at the dark alley.

I decided it's best to ignore the noise but you know me being the curious cat I am I went slowly towards the alley "we can't go to hospital and you know it man you just going to put alcohol on it then we will help you take out the bullet" said someone in the shadows of the dark alley.

I looked around and saw 3 bodies on the floor they were lifeless oh my gosh did I just almost witness murder or did I?

As if luck was not on my side today my phone rang,I felt like killing myself or maybe if the ground opens up and so that I can get in.

I quickly span to take a run for it "catch her!" They soon then ran after me I didn't even take 5 minutes for them to catch me if not that Im lazy or anything I couldn't run with these damn heels arghh last thing I was before falling unconscious was two pair of grey eyes looking at me.

___________________

This is a my first time writing a for anyone other than my little siblings so please let me know in the comments how is the story.

And please if you have any negative thoughts keep them to yourself I mean who needs them? definitely not me🤣!

Love y'all💋!