𝟏𝟔| 𝖆 𝖍𝖔𝖒𝖊

AFTER A LONG NIGHT with little to no sleep, which Happy couldn't complain about, after all, his almost sleepless night had consisted of taking care of his Old Lady and satisfying her and his needs, he stepped through the door of the porn studio to...

AFTER A LONG NIGHT with little to no sleep, which Happy couldn't complain about, after all, his almost sleepless night had consisted of taking care of his Old Lady and satisfying her and his needs, he stepped through the door of the porn studio to look for Lyla.

He avoided the looks of some women, not interested in dealing with anyone here. Happy had his woman at home, so why dare to look at otrhers? But maybe everyone was staring at him like that because he had almost beaten someone to death in front of their eyes just yesterday.

Still, it was weird. The lone wolf who had never missed his chance for a quick fuck had become a family man who was looking for his Old Lady's best friend to ask her for advice on a kid's room. But Happy wouldn't have it any other way, he liked this new life of his.

When he spotted Lyla next to a set, chugging half a bottle of water, he headed straight towards her and got her attention by clearing his throat.

Lyla spun around, smiling as she capped her bottle and set it aside. "Happy, hey. Can I help you?"

"I think you can", he grunted, glancing around, unfazed by the scenes happening around him on the other sets. "Do you have any of Piper's old stuff left ?", he finally asked, gently pushing Lyla aside so he could talk to her in peace.

"Piper's stuff? What do you need?" The blonde looked up at Happy, a little confused, her hands resting on her hips.

"I don't know." The Killer, not really sure what a four-year-old could really need, rubbed the back of his neck. "Toys, maybe some clothes. I wanted to surprise Tessa and set up Sawyer's own room."

He saw Lyla's eyebrow shoot up before excitement and a grin carved into her features, causing him to roll his eyes with the tiniest of smirks.

"I knew it was serious between you!" she exclaimed, genuinely happy for them. "Come by my place later. I'm off work in two hours and can pack up some things for you. I still have a few clothes and I have enough toys left. I think I even have a few shelves left from Piper's old room. You can have all of that."

"You sure I can have all of that?" Happy asked with a frown, nodding gratefully when the blonde assured him that she wouldn't know what to do with all the stuff otherwise anyway. "I'll take everything you have. How much do you want for it?"

Lyla's hand shot forward, placed on Happy's as he opened his wallet, which he had pulled out of his back pocket.

"I don't want anything for it. Don't even think about giving me money", she told him, a loving severity in her tone as he just snorted, not wanting to accept not giving Lyla any money for all the stuff. "Tessa is my best friend and I'm happy to help. If you really want to spend money, buy Sawyer some new stuff, maybe books or something, he's a pretty smart kid. But I don't want your money."

"I can't just take all your stuff and give you nothing in return", Happy protested stubbornly, but Lyla just hummed.

"You'll make Tessa pretty happy with this, that's enough payment for me", she told him with a genuine smile.