Chapter I - Intro (Constance's POV)

Constance Contraire was angry.

Really, really angry.

That wasn't really special in her case, she was often angry, usually at the whole world.

Today was different though.

Today she was only angry at a few individuals.

These inviduals are all the members of the Mysterious Benedict Society.

And that's something she can't say about herself now.

Because, before all the fun would've started, she got kicked out of the group by its leader, Mr. Benedict.

That's the main reason she was angry.

Mostly at Mr. Benedict, for telling her, that she can't take part in the upcoming missions of the Society.

All because of the fact, that she is only seven years old, which she mistakenly told Mr. Benedict two days earlier, at dinner.

To which Mr. Benedict fell asleep.

He woke up after a few minutes, still shocked.

He immediately decided that Constance is too young to be the part of the Society, and she can't take part in the missions.

He also told her that she can stay in the house till he, Milligan, Rhonda and Number Two figure out what she could do while staying there and keeping herself safe. If there's nothing to do for her, or if she doesn't want to stay with these conditions, she can leave, they said.

She decided to stay, atleast for a little bit, but she was thinking every minute about about the possibilities, that could've happened if she didn't tell her age to Mr. Benedict, and she could've gone with the others, infiltrating the Learning Institute for Veritas and Enlightenment.

She really regretted that night, but she couldn't change anything now, this is how her life will look now... Sitting in the house, reading, sleeping, eating, and this on repeat... While Kate, Reynie and Sticky will be spying in that institute... She couldn't even imagine how boring it'll be. The only hope she had is that if the three kids need some help, Mr. Benedict will send her, but she knew that's not really possible, Mr. Benedict would never put her in such danger...

She was still hoping he would, though.

But in the next day, Mr. Benedict decided that the best thing to do would be something unusual... even with his standards.

If that's even possible, it made Constance Contraire even more angry.

Which, in itself, is already an accomplishment.