Chapter 1

Ok so bro this is my first story and like, don't expect anything too spectacular at first but I'm gonna be uploading once or twice every week more than that if I'm deciding to procrastinate on something. ALSO please tell me where I can improve, I'd love that a lot <3.

Also nothing happens up until the 7th paragraph or so.

Naturally, Law had known there'd be no chance for him in this battle. The one he'd been preparing for ever since the day he'd lost the person dear to him, Corazon. Standing inside the lab of that twisted scientist, Ceasar clown, really made him realize some things. First, is that Ceasar was catching on, second is that his heart wasn't in his possession and that'd be a big hurdle to overcome. The environment on Punk Hazard isn't the best, it's far from that. Only the center of the island seemed to make some sense, but then again, a lake with sharks isn't something normal, neither is the climate who's going through an identity crisis with fire and ice. Still consumed in thoughts, unknowingly, a certain ship wanders off on to the island. A ship he would never forget, not even after years.

That lion figure head, the green lawn and sails with the straw hat pirate's jolly roger, He'd remember it as if it was yesterday. In the Archipelago. At first glance, Straw hat Luffy is just some other rookie that none would have to be afraid of, but Law thought differently ever since that young teenager had punched a celestial dragon. At first, he'd thought the rumors of him being crazy were false, but he was wrong, someone who started war with the government and defeated a war lord almost as soon as he set out. On that grove, is when his fascination started, though it was short lived after the navy had caught word of the assault. What was even more shocking not even a few months, no, weeks, he'd already been to Marine ford and participated in the Summit war and had lost his brother Ace. Up to now, Law can't place his finger on why he'd save him, but it was the right decision.

He stood outside the lab in his winter coat, watching as a few members had run out of the Lab and soon after the whole crew was there. Even some of the navy who'd been hot on the straw hats tail had gotten themselves in the mess such as Punk Hazard. Though, a little jumbled due to him switching their hearts but it was an amusing sight. That's when it clicked, that's when he'd realize what he'd do with the 2 captains and their subordinates. Law knew he'd already agitated Smoker, and he didn't quite care. A ship is a ship, it can be destroyed and rebuilt, well probably not considering he might've broken it beyond repair. Though, Caesar has probably already realized as well seeing as the man he hated with a burning passion had landed on the island. "What a pleasant surprise..." He'd think to himself, clearly using sarcasm.

He'd already proposed the idea of an alliance, he knew that Luffy would accept. The devil child, Nico Robin has even gone as far as warning him about betrayals, Law didn't have any of such in mind and he didn't know how to explain he wouldn't. "Hey, Torao, are you gonna betray me?" The younger captain asked looking at him, Law'd just shake his head with a "No". That itself was enough to convince him somehow, though he hadn't complained because it was easier for him and his plan. What he did not expect were a lot of things, to start off, that Luffy was a walking anti-biotic. Only God knows what happened in Impel down and Marine ford, maybe it was always like that? He couldn't quite wrap his head around it, but it came in handy seeing as how he fought Caesar, it was refreshing to know that Luffy could use Haki.

Time passed by fast, they escaped, the children went with the marines, and he is still alliance with the straw hats after the whole ordeal. He managed to get to the SAD which was only *part* of his plan. Luffy has shown a lot of improvement and that only reassured Law. On the ship, Law'd had been gazing at the sea completely worn out, He really needed some sleep, and he needed it bad. Not like his body would listen until it ultimately breaks down on him. Then he remembered, he needed to get a plan in set for Doflamingo and fast. Walking unto deck, he gets the crew to gather. "Okay, so we need a plan." He says, as soon as those words come out of his mouth half the crew walks off to do their own thing again. He'd also notice that Zoro was missing, how bad was his sense of direction? How could he even get lost on a ship...?

He's snapped out of his thoughts by everyone getting ready for breakfast, Sandwiches. Bread, he hated bread with a burning passion, and he was not even joking. Without thinking he shouts, "I don't eat bread!" And it dawned to him that their careless attitude had already been rubbing off on him. "Then onigiri?" Sanji asks raising a brow as everyone settles down. He'd take it at least, so he just nods.

Law glanced over at the table and sees Luffy eating sandwiches at a rapid rate which shouldn't be humanly possible. He gets caught staring and Luffy looks at him confused, so he tries to start a conversation. "Mugiwara-ya, your existence is confusing" He mumbles without even thinking. This causes the young teen to engage in the talk answering him, "How?", He'd stop eating just to look at the older man. Damn, Law didn't think this through, not at all. "Well...You're pretty annoying to be around but I can't stand the mere thought of anything happening to - ", What? What in the hell did he just say. That's gay, he isn't gay. The only thing that Luffy does is grin and laugh, resuming his eating. If Law had to be honest, he was probably drowning in embarrassment and something else, but he doesn't know what.

Later on in the day he found himself sitting on the lawn on deck, not something you see on every pirate ship, but it was a nice change. it only took one glance for everything to go wrong, as soon as Luffy saw him unguarded he somehow managed to slingshot himself unto Law. "Mugiwara-ya, what was that for?" He grumbled, trying to recover from the 18 aneurisms that probably gave him. "Hey, Traffy!" The boy grinned, his grip not even loosening for a moment. Law sighs, he seriously isn't going to get used to any of this. "What is it." He grumbled, struggling to get free. Finally after a little hesitation Luffy lets go of him and stands up beside him. "Torao, I have a question!" He declares, rather proudly if you asked Law. The only thing the other captain did was motion for him to continue. "So, I asked chopper too but I wanna ask you too since your both doctors!" he pauses, sitting beside law. "What's it like to be a doctor?". That was a rather educated question for how stupid and reckless he seemed, the question seemed rather unreal actually. After a moment of thought Law spoke, "Not hard, but I would be annoyed to perform surgery on someone again." The teen took a little bit to process it but then he smiled. "Oh, your a Sushi?" He questioned again, and Law stopped for a moment. 'Sushi?' He thought, for some reason he found that stupidity cute, Wait, cute?

Waving his hand in front of laws face Luffy frowns, "Torao!" he pestered the man, to no end. He seriously needed a mirror because he swore, he was angry or something for his face to feel as red as it was. he couldn't help but find how endearing Luffy was sometimes, despite being stupid if you wanted a friend much less someone to trust he'd be there. Though, despite the thought he felt eyes piercing into him. Looking behind him he saw a very pissed Zoro glaring at him, was he a guard dog or something? He felt as if his very soul was getting torn out by that, so he answers Luffy. "I just...Spaced out." Hopefully, he accepted it as an answer. The marimo head turns away and falls asleep not quite looking satisfied but still definitely calmer. "Who's your right-hand man, Migiawara- ya?", He tries to continue the conversation to avoid that deathly stare. "Oh, Zoro." The young man responds, waving to the sleeping man who returns the gesture. He could feel the eyes of the whole crew on him, it was literally a situation even he would shit his pants during. 

Though, he could understand the concern and need to monitor him, Luffy was too trusting and could be betrayed easily, hell he didn't even want to hurt Luffy in anyway. Not after seeing him after that war, even if he was stupid nobody should suffer because of him. he admired Luffy, not because he was rising in ranks or because he could be easily used but because he was reckless. More reckless than him, and to add on to that he's fearless. Both him and his crew seriously test their luck, and even went against the people with highest authority. To save a friend, to save a crewmate, his family. He wants to be one of those people he can say are dear to him, He didn't know why but he wanted to be noticed fully by the boy he saved 2 years ago. 

IM GONNA STOP HERE- I RAN OUT OF IDEAS 🗣