𝙳𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

It was around two in the morning, and I woke up to the sound of...music. And someone singing along the lyrics. I groaned in frustration, thinking Josh was up to his antics once more, but then I noticed that Atlas's side of the bed was empty. I lay still for a moment, soaking in the fact that this man had the audacity to get up in the middle of the night and hold a concert inside our house. I may have been exaggerating, but I was annoyed. 

What did I get for a husband?

Trying to shake away my drowsiness, I got up and went outside. The kitchen's lights were on, and the music was much louder now. When I entered the kitchen, I saw Atlas holding a spatula close to his mouth, singing the lyrics of the song into it as he stirred something inside a pan. 

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, 

With you between my arms,

Barefoot on the grass,

Listening to our favourite song,

When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful,

I don't deserve this,

Darling, you look perfect tonight 

He didn't notice me and I just stood there looking at him. His blue eyes shimmered, like the surface of the ocean, gleaming under the sun. They looked unnaturally beautiful. His brown hair was ruffled and messy. I couldn't help the smile that flitted across my face. 

What did I get for a husband?

It took me back to the time when Alyssa used to call him 'the Greek god'. He's really nothing less. Sometimes, I look at him and he takes my breath away with just a sweet smile. Everything about him is surreal. Sometimes, I picture him as the protagonist in a novel. He fits the role, doesn't he?

Lost in my thoughts, I don't realise that he's stopped singing, nor that he's staring at me. When he clears his throat, I flinch, and glance up. He looks at me with concern, and I shrug.

"What were you doing?" I ask, even though it's very obvious.

"Nothing, I...I just couldn't sleep, so I decided to cook something for myself."

"I never realised you were a chef and a singer, you know." I reply, and he gives me a bashful grin, clearly embarrassed at being caught. I enjoy his discomfort, for some reason.

"Don't act like you don't have recording sessions in the bathroom." 

That wiped the smile off my face, before I began laughing. He came closer to me, sitting on the counter, spatula in hand.

"Would you mind singing one more song for the audience, Mr. Corrigan?"

"That is not funny."

"I even recorded you." 

That was a lie. But he didn't need to know that. His eyes widened and he glanced around before groaning. I smirked. I was absolutely loving this.

"Delete that video, will you?" he said.

"Only if you sing me another song."

"Come on, Lily, I'm not joking."

"Neither am I."

"Do you really want to do this?"

"Mmhm. Very much, actually. Now hurry up, everyone's waiting for your performance."

"You are such a big brat."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night. Now sing."

He was clearly flustered, and his cheeks were growing red as he scratched the back of his neck. The song was still playing in the background, and I got an idea. Grabbing a spoon from the rack, I got up and began singing, gesturing for Atlas to begin as well. He seemed a bit unsure at first, but then he began mouthing the lyrics too, and soon we were roaming around the whole kitchen, chanting the words of the song, which Atlas had put on repeat. We danced around, without a care in the world, because that moment was just about him and me.