Chapter one: The beginning.

Annie is a young kid who just ran away from Marley wondering around Paridis island, no clue where she's going nothing. She was just desperate to get away from training all day every day and finally broke and left. She's been walking for hours on end at this rate and it's starting to get cold and late. Annie looks up at the sky and pulls her dark red scarf up. After a while she comes across a girl with dark black hair sitting against a building all alone. Shouldn't she be home with her family? Annie stares at her for a second seeing her tear up and Annie sits by the random girl and rubs her back hoping to cheer her up.

"You alright there?" Annie said with a concerned tone. "Shouldn't you be home? It's getting quite late and cold, you could get sick."

The girl stares at her for a moment before looking away "I'm fine.. Don't worry about it.."

"You're not fine." Said Annie. Annie takes the scarf off and wraps it around the now shivering girl and pats her back. After a moment Annie decides to try and get closer to the girl to hopefully get her to open up "I'm Annie."

The girl stared at her for a minute seemingly debating whether she wants to answer or not before she eventually does "I'm Mikasa.. I don't have a home though, my parents were just killed.."

Annie sighs. "I'm kinda in the same boat. I ran away from home. I was sick of all the training and hardly having time to eat. So I just broke and ran off to hopefully get a better life, even though I never had really friends."

Mikasa just stares at her unsure what to say for a second before speaking up "Maybe we can help each other out here?. It's better than being alone on the streets.."

Annie nods a bit and hugs a leg. "I'd like that." Annie let's the leg go and takes her hoodie off putting it on Mika and rubs her back putting her to sleep and eventually cuddles up to her for warmth falling asleep herself.