Introduction

Hello and welcome to "Toxic Devotion: Love Redemption"! This novella is my first attempt at writing, so please bear with me as I navigate through this new experience. There may be mistakes—whether in writing, editing, proofreading, or technically—but I'm learning gradually and striving to improve every day. Your encouragement means a lot to me.

In this short novella, I delve into themes of love, redemption, and the intricate dynamics of relationships set against a backdrop of diverse cultures. Though the characters, names, and locations are purely fictional, they serve as reference points to enrich the narrative.

I invite you to join me on this journey, and I hope you enjoy reading this novella as much as I enjoyed crafting it. Thank you for your support, and let's begin.

Main Characters

Karan Thapar(Protagonist), aged 29, seems to have stepped straight out of a fictional book. Standing at 5'11", Karan possesses an extremely fair complexion that highlights his chiseled, athletic physique. His toned body suggests a dedication to fitness, complemented by his confident demeanor.

One of Karan's most distinguishing features is his long eyelashes, framing his dark, expressive eyes. He is a civil engineer working with a prominent real estate firm in Mumbai called as Oberoi Realty. His professional role involves overseeing large-scale construction projects and ensuring their efficient execution within strict timelines. Karan's personality is defined by his rationality, logic, and practical approach to life. He possesses an unwavering sense of dominance and control in his interactions, making those around him feel somewhat submissive. Karan's strength lies in his ability to assert his views and decisions confidently, often having the final say in any discussion or situation. His assertiveness borders on dominance, and few dare to challenge or argue with him due to his unwavering demeanor.

Karan's reluctance to show vulnerability or emotion comes from his belief in being rational and logical. This often makes it hard for him to understand others' feelings or admit his own flaws. Despite his confident demeanor, Karan has never been in a romantic relationship because he hasn't found anyone who captures his interest enough.

 Despite his confident demeanor, Karan has never been in a romantic relationship because he hasn't found anyone who captures his interest enough

 Ishita Wilson (Love Interest), aged 22, possesses a striking appearance with bluish-green eyes framed by long, beautiful lashes. She has chocolate-brown wavy hair that cascades down her shoulders, complementing her oval-shaped face and original pink lips. Her fair complexion and petite, 5'5" stature give her an ethereal, almost doll-like quality that captivates those around her.

Currently studying poetry in New York City, comes from a multicultural background, with her father being American and her mother Indian. She is Charming, aloof, confused, attention-seeker, mesmerizingly talkative, inquisitive and a bit complex.

Ishita is currently dating Matt, a stand-up comedian who adores her. Matt is completely infatuated with Ishita and often goes out of his way to make her happy, earning him the nickname "simp" among their friends. Despite Matt's efforts, Ishita's heart remains uncertain, and she finds herself yearning for a deeper connection and emotional fulfillment.

 Despite Matt's efforts, Ishita's heart remains uncertain, and she finds herself yearning for a deeper connection and emotional fulfillment

Other Characters 

Karan's Father: Sanjay Thapar (Karan is the only child)
Karan's Mother: Meera Thapar (Karan is the only child)
Karan's childhood friends: Sukhi Sandhu, Rashmi Patel, Priya Singh
****(More characters will be added as the story progresses.)

Ishita's Father: David Wilson
Ishita's Mother: Anika Wilson/Mahendru
Current Boyfriend: Matt Brown
Friends: Amelia Cooper, Betty Carson, Prajakta Shirke
 ****(More characters will be introduced as the story unfolds.)

Let's begin

"Mjhe pata hai vo ap sab logo ke life ki villain hai, lekin vo mere life ke heroine hai" 
("I know she's the villain in everyone else's life, but she's the heroine in mine.")

These are Karan's words describing how he had become crazy in love with the girl who had dumped him not once, but twice. The guy whom all the girls were crazy about had become obsessed with one girl.

This is a story about two people whose lives changed completely after a concert. Ishita, who always craved love but had doubts about it, and Karan, who never cared for love before but started to develop feelings.

See you all in the very first chapter of this beautiful tale ....till then take care !!