• 1 •

Callus's POV

That brat is at it again he has no respect for any of the rules in my palace sure my love did say that he can visit my garden even though he has his own at his palace but that gives him no right to disrespect me the way he does. No Callus calm down he's just a peasant boy he probably never took a single class in simple etiquette I must not get mad it'll give me wrinkles then my love might not want to see me anymore.

"Couldn't you wear something a little bit better I know I may be a simple peasant but I've seen nobles that dress better than you but you're the emperor's husband." I heard a familiar voice saying from behind me. "Oh hello Cleo. I see you finished looking at my garden well then you must be on your way now, I have some business to attend to so I don't think we can talk today." I said it with a proper tone and manner.

"Hmph fine." He said rolling his eyes and walking away. I made it back to my office and started working on the affairs of the empire, "Hmm it seems like crop ratings are going down and the mines have been flooded with monsters okay first I need to send some troops to get rid of the monster problem. Now then the crops we should plant some annual ryegrass to fertilize the ground." I told my assistant as I wrote down permission for the defense ministry to get rid of the monster problem in the caves and another command for annual ryegrass to be planted over the patches of farmland that have stopped producing crops.

I handed both of them over to my assistant and she told me that she'll be back by tomorrow. I turned away from her after giving her a nod of approval, I begin to work on some matters with the slums It seems like the water purifier has stopped working I'll go and check on that tomorrow when Abigail comes back. I was finishing up my work when the doors to my study were slammed open.

"My love what brings you here?" I asked Harris as he stormed into the room Cleo was behind him crying? "Oh my did something happen to Cleo why is he crying?" After I asked that question Harris immediately shouted at me saying, "You know what you did Cleo told me everything, he said that you kicked him out in your garden saying that you didn't want to see him anymore for the rest of the day!"

"I did none of the sort he was leaving and was trying to talk to me but I told him that I didn't have the time at the moment because I had to take care of the empire affairs my love please believe me!" He looked down at me with pure disgust and said. " You think I'm going to believe that stupid lie. Why would Cleo ever lie to me this is why I love him more than you no scratch that that's why I don't even love you!"

"What do you mean by that." I said in disbelief, he looked at me rage in his eyes. "I never loved you and I never will the only person I love right now is Cleo and it's going to stay like that forever. " After seeing that he stormed out of my study. Cleo turned to me and stuck his tongue out at me and said. "This is what you get for annoying me you stupid slut." Then he skipped out my study happily trailing Harris.

Never loved me he never loved me but I gave him my everything. I loved him endlessly and did everything he told me to do. Why am I being thrown away again what did I do to deserve this. I need to get out of this palace out of this place I can't take this anymore. I got up and walked to my room to get my outfits for when I'm going undercover to the market.

I got on my horse and made my way to the edge of the capital gate. I got off my horse and hid her somewhere where she wouldn't be stolen and hopped over the wall with the use of air magic. I headed off towards the woods once I got there, I began to walk in one direction not looking back not even checking where I was going soon I came across and a nice clearing in the woods there was flowers, a lake and lots of butterflies.

I sat down on a log looking around at the scenery butterflies seem to glow underneath the moonlight one fluttered up to me and landed on my hand I gave up a little smile. "Who are you and how did you find this place!" I heard a man's voice behind me yell. I spun around to face a tall handsome man he had tan skin, long platinum hair, green eyes and a nice figure. "O-oh I'm sorry I was taking a walk through the forest and I accidentally stumbled upon it. I'm terribly sorry I'll leave now."

I let out a sigh because I had to leave this beautiful place. "Wait you don't have to go yet I want to ask you something." I raise an eyebrow in curiosity. "Ok then ask away." I said giving him a smile. "Do you know who I am." He said crouching down to my level, giving me a menacing but handsome smile. I blushed and said. "No but I know you're a very handsome man." He looked shocked then grinned and said, "Really you're not scared of me at all?"

I gave a little chuckle and said. "Why should I be even if you were to kill me I would be super honored because I would be dying by a very handsome man." He gave me a laugh and said. "You're quite funny I'll let you stay." I lit up with joy after hearing that. "Thank you." I said while hugging him then blushed out of embarrassment. "I'm so sorry."  He ruffled my hair and said "It's fine it was quite cute. Good thing that I love cute stuff isn't that right the emperor's husband.”

"Wait how did you know!?" I questioned but he shushed me. We spent the rest of the night talking. I started to get sleepy and before I knew it I had passed out. When I opened my eyes I was in my room in my sleeping attire. I saw a note on my bedside table it read-

I had quite the time last night I hope we could do it more see you soon Ace Evergreen • I smiled while reading the note.

End