Chapter 25 / A change

Yiz_DeShu <3

Yeonjun has always found the phenomenon of a happy situation escalating into something absolutely horrifying in just a matter of seconds,
a bizarre occurrence. Although it is undoubtly not a debate to say he has experienced it quite a few times. This was one of those times where just from a moment ago, both Yeonjun and Soobin were filling the solitude atmosphere of the city with genuine laughter and the next, it was the complete opposite where the atmosphere was too dark to be lightened.

Yeonjun crouched whilst facing both of his parents who were sitting on the couch. He held his mother's hands hurriedly. Soobin could feel the trembling of the older's hands as he attempted to reassure both of his parents. " Eomma- what happened?"

She was unable to hold back her tears from dripping along her soft cheeks.
" Jun-Junnie " She stuttered. Every weep sent daggers through Yeonjun's heart.

" Your sister, Hae.. she's- " She was incapable of holding her words and as soon as her husband grasped the situation, he just held her tightly and allowed her to lay upon his chest as she continued to sob.

The beat of Yeonjun's heart accelerated by a hundred as soon as he heard her mother mumble the name of his sister. " What? What happened? " All the thoughts of possibilities came flooding onto his mind.

His father made the decision to step up and enlighten his confused son who was slightly trembling with fear. He softly sighed before he spoke.
" Hae has gotten into a terrible accident which led her to be in a coma "

The words spoken by his father could be easily understood but Yeonjun was incapable of processing it due to the shift of thoughts he has been experiencing all throughout the week. " Wait- what, huh? "

He was filled with confusion which made the trembling of his hands worse. Soobin, who was standing by the doorway did not ponder, for even a second, the thought of approaching the older, crouching with him and embracing him in a warm hug. Although the parents were quite astonished with the younger's actions, it was undoubtedly that his action made them adore him increasingly.
Yeonjun responded by tightly hugging the younger back. Yeonjun laid himself on the younger's chest as he attempted to hold back his tears from dripping onto the younger's shirt.

Soobin perceived the sniffles of the older who was putting an effort into not sobbing and was aware of what he was ought to do. " It's okay Hyung, you can cry " He spoke softly as he hugged the older tighter. As a response to what the younger said, Yeonjun let his tears flow and sobbed unto his chest. Soobin then continued to mumble reassuring words to the older.

Yeonjun lifted his head slightly as he faced his parents who were also in a state of despair. " Dad.., Sh- Hae, won't be..? " He sniffed along with those words.

The father swallowed the thought of the worst. " The doctors aren't entirely sure if she will make it through.. " He spoke softly as he rubbed his wife's back in a delicate manner unceasingly.

" Your mother and I asked for permission to leave, from our managers, so we could go back to check up on your sister " His father spoke as Yeonjun continued to disappear into the embrace of the younger.

Yeonjun raised his head to turn to his parents direction whilst he was still tightly holding on to Soobin. " Can I come with you guys? " He asked, his eyes were full of spark from the tears.