Elmer County

"You got the camera right?"

"Yes, I got the camera, Kirk."

"Okay, I was just making sure," the man named Kirk replied.

"Because I would totally forget the camera on a trip all about investigating a local urban legend," a young woman named Sasha remarked.

The trip in question was a drive to Elmer County. A place notorious for its supposed paranormal occurrences. When assigned a project for their filmography class, the two friends instantly knew they could combine both of their passions: Kirk's love for journalism and the paranormal, and Sasha's love for the art of film. Henceforth, the idea for a paranormal investigative documentary was quickly born.

Tossing Kirk a pair of car keys, Sasha stated, "you drive the first shift."

"You're completely sure you'd rather drive at night?"

"Duh," Sasha said, mimicking a dunce expression, "I love to see the scenery during the daytime, and who knows, I may catch some good B-footage for our documentary."

"Fair point."

Kirk took a look at the luggage the two of them had packed, making sure everything they would need for the week long trip was with them, "tents in case we decide to sleep in the woods, sleeping bags, clothes, pillows, snacks, drinks, extra film for the camera-" he trailed on.

"Okay there soldier, you can stop. We have everything we need bagged and ready to go."

Kirk lightly chuckled, "just wanted to be sure."

"Typical Kirk, always gotta check your list twice."

"Well if it weren't for me, you wouldn't have half of these supplies so you don't get to make fun of me."

"Fair point," Sasha replied.

Kirk lightly chuckled as he grabbed his personal notebook off of his nightstand, "alright then, let's go."

The two friends drove down the bustling city, awaiting for when they would reach the long open roads of the countryside. This trip would be just as much about research as it would be about relaxation for them. Providing them a chance to get away from the stress of their crowded college life schedule.

"We're going to get an A on this one for sure," Sasha said, filling the silence of the vehicle.

"Just like every other project we've worked on together."

"Remember that time we made a baking soda volcano back in 6th grade?" Kirk chuckled.

"Then we proceeded to spill said baking soda all over Ms. Burnson's floor. Yeah, I remember her making us spend an extra two hours after school to clean it up ourselves."

"I still don't know how that baking soda reached so far out into the hallway."

"Me neither, but hey at least we still passed her class," Kirk said.

"Okay, you were going to pass either way, Mr. Straight As, meanwhile I depended on that project for my barely above C average."

"Oh? Just like this project?"

"Shut up," Sasha lightly hit Kirk on the arm, "you know very well I'm passing this class. It's you who has a problem with filmography."

"It's just not what I'm used to. That's all."

"Why did you sign up for the class anyway? Why not choose something easier like Chemistry? You've always been good at that."

The scientific kind anyway. Kirk thought.