Chapter 20

I sat across from Alexandra, Charles Leclerc's girlfriend. Since Lando and I had began dating, I have been spending more time in Monaco. When Miami ended I came back to the wonderful sea side municipality for a couple days and Alex had spotted me while I was out on a run. She was so easy to talk to and just one of those people you instantly gravitate towards. We have become good friends in the short month and a half I had known her.

As I sat there, taking a sip of my water, Alexandra rolled her eyes while looking over my shoulder. "What's wrong?" I ask, leaning forward to show her my attention.

"That girl behind you. Don't look. She's some F1 obsessed girl who tries to get with drivers or anyone famous really. Some Instagram model or something. She tried with Charles and when he turned her away, she went to Carlos who actually had a go at her then shooed her off, then she dated some tennis guy but cheated on him with.." she trailed off looking as if she had caught herself.

"With who?" I asked, my stomach turning as I waited for her to say my boyfriend's name.

"Lando." She sighed, shaking her head softly.

"What's her name?" I asked eyes narrowing. I wanted so badly to turn around but didn't.

"Marla Oswego" Alex whispered, as I filed her name away for later.

"Does she live in Monaco?" I quiz, peering at my phone as the buzz of a notification went off. Lando's name popped up and it was like a breath of fresh air.

"No, that's the thing, she's from Greece I think. She's only ever in Monaco for F1 or for men." She chuckles with pity. "Elle vient." Alex says under her breath in French. As I pick up that she said she's headed towards us, I turn my head the opposite way, looking out to the sea.

"Alexandra, hello." I glance to see a blonde hair blue eyed girl greeting Alex. The brunette across from me throws on a smile that doesn't reach her eyes.

"Marla, hello. This is my good friend, Eiza." She introduces me. It's the first time she seems to notice me.

"Sorry, how rude of me." She laughs falsely, placing a hand on my shoulder as she laughs. "How do you know Alex, a Monaco friend?"

"I lived here for a short time but no, we actually met in the F1 paddock." I say and I could feel people with cameras on us so I continued to keep my features calm and collected.

"Oh you work in F1?" She assumed and I stare very blankly at her.

"No, actually I am dating Lando Norris." I say confidently as I see her smile falter, it inflates my ego but I don't let it show.

She recomposes herself and smiles falsely. "Oh I've seen you in pictures I just thought you were an employee. My apologies." I can hear the wickedness in her voice.

"Marla, what are you doing in Monaco?" Alex asks, peering up at her.

"I have a job but I figured I'd stick around for the week for the GP." She shrugs.

"Well you best not keep whoever it is you're here to see waiting. Off you go." She smiles waving dismissively. Marla's smile falls and her brows scrunch together.

"Well I'll see you around, nice see you." He responds waiting for Alex's response but all she does is hum. "Oh and congratulations, Lando sure is an enjoyable guy." She says pushing her shoulders back and strutting off.

"Idiot." I head Alexandra say with a huff.

"Yeah, kinda seems like a little snake." I cringe, sipping on my water.

"She is the snake of snakes. I really can't stand her. But let's not let her ruin our girls day." The brunette across from me brings out my smile as we continue to plan out our day.