Chapter 1: Pasta

(Your name is Lilly by the way. Idk why but I just love this name and I had to use it. Bye! Enjoy 🖤)

A few hours later, I woke up feeling completely exhausted and dizzy. 'maybe this was just a dream...' but I recognized my perfume and my slightly wet hair from the shower I took, knowing that all that shit really happened. I sighed hardly and closed my eyes, trying to calm myself down.

After some quiet minutes, I left my room and headed downstairs, into the kitchen. I smelled something wonderful from the stairs already and a smile spread over my face. Pasta. Perfect.

As I entered the kitchen I saw my host parents, Mina and Justin, cooking some food.
"Whoaa, it smells so good" I said with a small smile and sat down on a chair behind the counter.

"That's good to hear, dear" Justin said "we don't really know what kind of food you like, so we just made some pasta. I think every teen likes pasta so I hope you like it"

"I probably do. I can't say no to pasta" I answered and took another deep breath, savoring the smell of the onions and tomatoes and almost drooled inside.

"I'll settle the table" I exclaimed and got off the chair to get some plates. "Thank you, Lilly" Mina said with a warm smile. I smiled back and placed the plates on the table.

Soon, the table was set and we all sat there, eating and enjoying the food.
"So Lilly. What do you-" Justin began when his eyes suddenly went wide. I noticed his gaze and concern spread over my face.

"Justin. Are you okay?" Mina looked concerned too when her expression also changed.
Justin blinked. "Lilly you...... do you....." I looked at him, still confused and concerned at the same time "am I what?"

"You.... You shifted?"

My eyes grew wide in realization and my jaw dropped. "I.... I.... I'm...." I searched for words to explain it. "Wait... how do you.. know that?" I asked and looked at the two.

They looked at each other before Mina spoke: "we are wolves too"

My eyes widened and I looked at the two in shock "you... WHAT?!"

Mina took my hand. "It's okay, Lilly. I know it must have been a shock for you and it's a lot to process. But trust me. It's nothing bad. The wolf in you was always there. It was just sleeping and strong enough to burst out yet. The area in here must've triggered it. Besides, you're seventeen already. That's extremely late for the first shift. The times just has came for you" she explained.

I gulped and my eyes were still wide in shock and surprise. Mina smiled warmly. "I know it's probably a shock for you right now. But don't worry. This area is full of werewolves. There are lots of them at the new school, you will go to. You will notice that. You can smell it if someone's a wolf or not. But the school is shared with humans. They aren't familiar with the existence of the wolves unless they got to be the mate of one. But that's extremely rare"

I blinked and tried to gather my thoughts "you mean... we're not the only wolves?" Mina shook her head "no. There are actually a lot of them in here. But it's especially the area. There are enough woods and nature parts so the wolves can live here easily and can go to school too without moving from one place to another.

There are lots of packs in here. Every wolf who lives here is part of one. But there are mainly three packs in here. They all go that school so it's shared with every pack. We are very lucky that it's so peaceful between them. Sometimes it happens that packs are deep enemies and fight and kill each other all the time. But that never happens in here"

I looked at her and tried to process and remember everything she said. "Wow, that's.... a lot " I breathed then. Both smiled warmly and nodded.

"May I.... May I know which packs live in here?" I asked, suddenly curious.

"Oh, the packs? The two biggest are the Moonlight and the Dark Rose pack. They are really close to each other, especially because some of them are mates. But there's another pack in here which the sunflower pack but it's not that big. And there's another pack but it lives rather more in the woods than in town. It's the waterfall pack. They mostly are in their wolf form and well, they live more like real wolves would do" Justin explained.

"Moonlight pack? Dark rose...." I mumbled to myself.
"By the way" Justin said then. I looked up with a bit of curiosity on my face "you're an omega". I tilted my head. "An omega?"

"Yes"

"what's that?" I asked. "There are different types of wolves. And you're an omega"

I nodded. Slightly beginning to understand that werewolf stuff. "Hm okay. An omega"

After some more bunches of information, I got into my room again and sat down on my bed. I had to process all the information and events I got today and decided to just sleep. Maybe it will help to calm myself down a bit.

It was still a week until the school will start for me and I get to know all the other werewolves in there. A part of me was a little curious about it but the bigger part just wanted to ignore the wolf feeling in me and just keep it inside me.
With those thoughts, I fell asleep and drifted off to dreamland.

*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*

So, this was the first chapter. It was surely a little boring and short but hey, it was the first chapter and everything had to be explained and so on. But I promise the next chapters will be longer, exciting and better than the first ones.
See ya, bye 🖤