INTRODUCTION

IT IS EXCEEDINGLY RARE TO STUMBLE ACROSS A FAMILY WHO DO NOT WISH FOR THEIR DAUGHTER TO WED

IT IS EXCEEDINGLY RARE TO STUMBLE ACROSS A FAMILY WHO DO NOT WISH FOR THEIR DAUGHTER TO WED. But alas, such is the case for the Ashford family.

Alina, the youngest and only daughter of Lord and Lady Ashford, had been all but banished from the London social season. Instead she spent year after year abroad, travelling the continent with Lord Ashford's mother. She became a mystery, reachable only by her illustrious letters. Sweet, fragile Alina who waxed lyrical to her brothers about her newest adventure. Valiant, angry Alina who knew she was being trapped in a circus of exploring and unfamiliar sights on purpose. The world was splendid but Alina always longed for more.

She had heard rumours of what love was like. What great passion could manifest when ignited between two souls. She had encountered enough in smoke-filled evening affairs and within the fairytales of the latest exciting novel she could fit within her travelling luggage. She sang about it often, reciting lyrics of desire with an angelic trill reminiscent of a dove.

Miss Alina Ashford was perfectly suited for love, yet feared that it would never happen to her. It had not happened to her mother and father, nor her brother and his wife. Perhaps the life of a spinster with a dark secret was the better option.

   Or perhaps a young man by the name of Benedict Bridgerton was to appear in her life just before she lost all hope.

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓻𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓮𝓻𝓼

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

ellie bamber  𝓪𝓼  alina ashford

ellie bamber 𝓪𝓼 alina ashford

˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖