Title: Shadows of Deception

INT./EXT. THE ACADEMY

Zoey emerged from the administration block, retrieving her bag left by the entrance before making her way to the gate. Arriving there, she shared a deep, sentimental glance with the gatekeeper, their embrace speaking volumes.

GATEKEEPER:
"Sorry it had to come to this."

ZOEY:
"Just hush. I won't be gone forever."

Tears cascaded down her cheeks as she held him tighter, the chief administrator observing from a distance with another staff member joining him.

STAFF:
"She's one of our best."

CHIEF ADMINISTRATOR:
"Yes, but what choice do I have? She's a threat to us."

He departed, the staff trailing behind.

DISSOLVE TO:

EXT. ROAD

Zoey disembarked from the bus near the market area, her phone ringing with her mother's call. She answered.

MUM:
"I heard the bad news."

ZOEY:
"Is it really bad news to you? This is exactly what you prayed for. How do I know you're not behind this?"

MUM:
"Of course, I never wanted you to become a policeman, or should I say woman, but I'll never pray for you to be expelled."

A woman across the road caught Zoey's attention, distracting her from the call.

MUM:
"Zoey! Zoey!! Are you still there?"

A passing bus obscured the woman, and she vanished.

MUM:
"Zoey!!!!!"

ZOEY:
"Yes, Mum, I'm here!"

MUM:
"Have you been listening?"

ZOEY:
"Yes, Mum, all in the past now."

MUM:
"You know you can come home. John is waiting, and he's wealthy enough to take care of you."

ZOEY:
"Oh, Mum, we're not having this conversation. Bye."

MUM:
"Don't you dare end this call."

She ended the call.

DISSOLVE TO:

INT. LEO'S HOUSE

Zoey arrived at Leo's, finding him already leaving.

LEO:
"You're late!"

ZOEY:
"Sorry, some stuff came up on the way."

LEO:
"It's fine. I have a small... emergency. See you later and make yourself comfortable. I'll be back soon."

Zoey nodded as Leo hurried off.

ZOEY:
"Hey!"

LEO:
"Yes?"

ZOEY:
"Thanks for letting me stay."

LEO:
"What are friends for?"

They exchanged smiles before Leo dashed off, leaving Zoey to enter the house.

FADE OUT

EXT. ROAD

Louis and Leo walked towards the hostel, Louis carrying a gift bag and Leo with a recorder.

LOUIS:
"Yeah, it's really bad. You have to quell the anxiety, or it'll be obvious you have a crush, and that, my friend, is a huge red flag."

LEO:
"Of course, I know that. I just can't help it."