Chapter 1: Waffles are a want, while wands are a need

Rome Rush Callan was never one for mornings.

He was a night owl through and through.

So when he was awoken  early from his slumber by his father he was less to say not happy.

"Rome, get up boy." His father Atlas Callan spoke from the murky darkness of Romes sleep.

Rome jsut pushed his face further in the pillow grumbling some incoherent words.

"Rome, come on." His father whined and gently wiggled him.

"Hmm, not now, papa." Rome grumbled pulling the blanket over his head to block out the little bit of light.

Then all of a sudden, something landed on his stomach. He spat and coughed oofing and sitting up straight to stare at his nine year old issiter, Jovie. She giggled with her blonde curls and stuck her town out.

"Little nymph." Rome grumbled trying to be mad but giggled and started to wrestle his sister.

"Excuse me you two. Did you forget about your dear old ppa." A voice said in the corner.

"Ah, Jovie. Get him." Rome said, whispering in his sister's ear before tossing her at the unexcpecitng man. Who landed with a satisfying grunt.

"Dear! I told you it wouldn't go well." A  voice called from donw stairs, his step-mother or mama. The smell of his favorite breakfast waffing inthrough the door
↼↜↝⇀

After the incecdient of this morning, Rome and Jovie were currently enjoy waffles with whipcream and berries, while their papa was nursing his back with an ice pack given by his mama.

"Tsk, you forgot we were going to Diagon Alley, didn't you, Rome?" Papa said, Rome just gave a smile and shrug,

"Didn't forget, papa. I just didn't want to get up." Rome said before putting another mouthful of waffles in. Wow, his mothers waffles were the best. Heavenly. "Why do we have to leave so early anyways?"

"Rome, it is currently 11;00 am" His mama siad letting out a chuckle.

"Like I said early, mama."

"Because, later I have to do things at the sanctuary, a baby hippogriff is due any day now." Papa answered, giving him a wink and smile, before taking a sip of his disgusting tea. It wasn' t that Rome thought the taste was disgusting, though it was. It was the brown and wiggly stuff that made him want to throw up. "And tomorrow are you not going on the train?"

"Ah yes, the day I am sent to boarding school." Rome said, rolling his eyes and giving his sister a wink who giggled.

"Isn't just a boarding school, it's a vacation for us." His mama wacked him on the head with a newspaper. He looked down at Rome's and jovies plate and noticed spotless emptiness. He gives his wife a smile before standing up"Just joking, my dear."

"Well, shall we get going now, Jovie makes sure to grab your jacket, it's going to get colder."

"Yes, mama," Jovie said and hurried up the stairs.

"Rome, go grab the dust we need." Rome hussled off into the kitchen and opened one of the many drawers before coming to the purple bag. He grinned snatche it and one more waffle before hurrying back to his maama and papa. His papa grabbed his cane and hat. While his mama grabbed her cloak. Jovie was smiling as she joined the small family of four.

"Now say 'Diagon alley'" his papa said, singing. A couple of giggles and laughs later they all spoke at once.

"Diagon alley!"

And poof. Literally. Disspearing from the inside of the small to large Cottage.

↼↜↝⇀

Rome has been more than a few times to diagon alley to grab what they needed for the sanctuary. But this is the first time they will be arriving to grab what he needed for Hogwarts. The school his papa attended.