𝟏𝟕| 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖕 𝖙𝖔 𝕭𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖋𝖎𝖊𝖑𝖉

THE MOMENT he walked through the door two arms threw themselves around his neck, followed by Tessa's legs snaking around his waist after she slammed her lips down on his, causing him to stumble against the closed door

A deep chuckle of his flowed into the kiss, his hand buried in her hair while the other grabbed her ass to keep her up. Their tongues brushed against each other in slow strokes, drawing pleasant sighs from both of them as the kiss deepened with burning passion.

"Where did that come from, huh?", he croaked against her shiny lips, covered with their mixed saliva, and bit her bottom lip, cradling her body closer.

"I'm just happy", she whispered, her smile more meaningful than anything else. "And relieved that Sawyer and I can stay with you."

"Maybe you should get good news more often", the SAA grumbled with a wry grin, slowly letting his Old Lady sink back down onto her feet. Nevertheless, he made sure that she couldn't move an inch away from him, holding her close with his arm around her waist.

"I could get used to being greeted like this", he added, smirking as a giggle fell from her lips.

With flushed cheeks, she looked up at him, meeting his eyes, and placed her hands on his chest. "Mhmm...me too. You can have that every day nowᅳ until it annoys you."

"You could never annoy me, babe." Grumbling softly, he brought a hand to her cheek, pushing some hair out of her face so he could see more of it. "But honestly, I'm glad you no longer have CPS up your ass."

Tessa, still visibly relieved, nodded with a soft hum. "Believe me, me too. Although I'm still under observation at the moment."

"But you have the CPS lady on your side now, little girl, that makes things a lot easier for us", he effectively argued, lifting a corner of his mouth. "We would've found a way for you to stay anyway."

"So you're sure you want us here? Sometimes it's not easy with kidsᅳ but Sawyer is still my responsibility, not yours. You don't have to worry about me asking for your help all the time", she assured him, lifting her hands in defense. "Nothing will change for you."

"You've really only had shitty guys in your life, haven't you?" Happy asked with an incredulous snort, earning a confused look from Tessa. "You are my Old Lady, Sawyer is your son and is part of youᅳ so we are in this together, Tess. He may not be my son, but I asked you to be my Old Lady knowing you have a kid, so Sawyer is my responsibility just as much."

Happy, as inappropriate as the name was for his stoic demeanor, would never ask a woman to give up her child or keep it away from him. He knew what he was getting into, that Sawyer was part of Tessa's life, making it his duty to take care of both of them in the future.

As tears filled her eyes, a smile broke out on Happy's lips. Rubbing his thumb along her cheekbone, he pulled her head closer and planted a kiss on her forehead, letting her know he was there.