The Eerie 'Forest'

Date- Thursday, 9th May, 2024
Time- Nearly 9:30 am

Rohini and her parents were travelling from North Goa to South Goa. It took one and half an hour to reach the destination. That time was enough for her to fall asleep. But not today.

They had been in South Goa since 5th May, and had recently had time to visit her mother's friends in North Goa. It was summer, and naturally, the sun was overhead by 10 am.

As they were travelling, they encountered many trees. They had driven through the same path at least 3 times during this trip, though they now noticed the eerie 'forest'. It wasn't really a forest, per say. It was only a small part of the land, so it looked like a field.

Because of the traffic, Rohini's father was driving at 46 km/h(28.5 mph) instead of his usual 80 km/h(49.7 mph), so it was hard not to miss the sight.

The trees were all dried and dead, not a leaf in sight. They were surrounded by what looked like mud. It seemed as if one step in it and we would be stuck as it swallows us slowly till we're fully under it, blocking our breaths and killing us slowly.

Had it been denser, it would looked like the forest that surrounded Rapunzel's tower. A forest where evil witches would do their spellwork and brew potions to harm others.

It emitted a negative energy which, while repelling, was also attracting Rohini towards it. She didn't know if she wanted to get out there or if she wanted to stay and explore it.

The patch of those trees fell behind as her father drove ahead, but the image of those trees did not seem to leave Rohini's mind. All throughout the ride, all she could think of was the eerie feeling it gave her, while simultaneously attracting her towards itself.

It was as though she looked forward to seeing the field again when she returned back to her home in Maharashtra.

She decided to write her thoughts as a story on Wattpad, after changing the names of the characters, and this is the story.