Hippopotamus Defense

In the bustling corridors of Orion Enterprises, four friends—Mujtaba, Rajesh, Diya, and Saransh—found themselves ensnared in the competitive spirit of corporate life. Their friendship, once solidified over late-night study sessions and shared dreams during their university days, now faced the ultimate test.

Mujtaba, known for his maverick spirit and impulsive decisions, had opted to tread cautiously upon joining the company. His previous battles with authority in college had taught him the virtue of patience, especially in a new environment. Despite his reformed approach, his history of confrontations was not easily forgotten by his peers.

Meanwhile, Rajesh, Diya, and Saransh formed a clandestine alliance. Their connections, running deep through shared histories and mutual acquaintances, seemed unshakeable. Rajesh, ever the perfectionist with a short fuse, saw corporate success as a chess game, and he was poised to checkmate. Diya, often lost in her literary worlds, surprisingly revealed a strategic mind that complimented Rajesh's meticulous planning. Saransh, though initially resentful of Mujtaba’s rebellious nature, found common ground with his old roommate in the silent acknowledgment of past conflicts.

As months passed, the trio's plot thickened. They maneuvered through the company's ranks with calculated precision, often at the expense of Mujtaba, who remained unaware of the brewing storm. His solitary path in the company was a stark contrast to his university days when he stood as a fierce protector of his friends.

The term "Hippopotamus Defense" was whispered among them, a strategy embodying resilience and counterattack, much like the chess opening they all admired. It was a fitting metaphor for their current predicament—lying in wait, ready to emerge with power when the time was right. For now, Mujtaba remained in the shadows, his genius an undercurrent that none could ignore for long. But in the game of corporate chess, only time would tell which friend would deliver the decisive blow.