13. Scary Truths.

___

A BAD DAY IT TURNED OUT TO BLOODY WELL BE

For the longest time, Trixie loved walking in the woods. Sometimes she had her earphones in, filling her mind with the melodies of the songs that played, other times she allowed the sounds of nature itself be her music.

The cawing of crows, the rustle of the trees and the chattering of nearby squirrels would sooth the teen without fail. Sometimes, if she walked a certain path, she'd consider herself lucky and be able to hear the running water of a nearby stream, adding it own tune to the on-going symphony. 

She loved being in nature. She loved the peace.

It was where she could say that she was the most happy. 

Not right now. 

Now, the chattering of the squirrels had silenced, the cawing crows had long since flown free, and the rustling bushes stilled.  

Life around Beatrice Rivers had stopped. But not her.

Her love for woodlands had evaporated, right now the woodland was the last place Beatrice Rivers wanted to be as she sprinted through the thicket. Spurring her legs to keep going, her mind focused on her foot placement to ensure that she wouldn't fall as she pushed herself harder. Faster. 

Memories of recent moments flashed before her eyes, causing her to wobble slightly before righting herself. Hazel eyes brimmed with tears as her lungs burned from her lack of oxygen.

This was a bad, bad day. 

-∆-

Rosalie was enjoying the chase, the thrill of the kill - her mothers voice appeared in her mind, scolding her daughter that she shouldn't play with her food, but the blonde just couldn't help herself. She could feel the venom in her mouth, if she were human she'd be salivating. The thought of the sweet, tasteful blood being drained from the poor innocent soul spurred her on. 

It wasn't as if there was any less of them, if anything, the Rosalie was helping control the population, they always made more.  

Her feet barely made noise on the damp soil, the only evidence of her being there was the light shoe impression that she had left on the disturbed ground. 

She could see her prey up ahead, it was slowing down  - fatigued. All the while Rosalie grew faster - it was a good job that fatigue was now a stranger to her.

Deciding to put the poor soul of its misery, she pounced. Her prey emitting a pained moan as it was tackled to the ground, a crunch of bone surely followed - its body lay there, its neck snapped. Before the blood could settle, the blonde vampire lunged at the base of the deer's neck - the jugular burst free within her mouth, swallowing the sweet blood heartily, Rosalie could feel herself regaining her strength, her urge to slaughter the entire town of Forks diminishing with every mouthful. 

She had bled the deer dry. As she pulled away, brilliant gold eyes softened. She felt bad for the animal, but it was the weakest, oldest. It was the one that got left behind unintentionally by the herd. She planned to bury it, like all of her victims, but she was needed at home, Alice had attempted to intercept her when she had left the residence, but the blonde insisted that she hunt first - that she'd return as soon as she could. 

That everything would be fine.

A twig snapped and breathing hitched. 

Gold eyes widened and pale skin stiffened  - Rose knew that scent.