The Start of a New Threat

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

It was so quiet in class today, which really shows how intense things are. To Guren, no. He had dealt with being a knight, which had scarier obstacles than tests would ever be.

It's been 4 months since they had that final battle with Vilius. After that, things have been back to normal. Sure, they come to Quarton once in a while but, that's just to visit now. It really seemed like they truly did it. They beat Vilius once and for all. Which is great! Though, he wonders.. They visit Quarton still, but they never go out of the canyon. Which is a bit puzzling to him. Maybe, they can do a day of exploring on the weekend?

It's not like anything was gonna happen, after all!

Then, something thundered through the city, startling Guren from his thoughts. He turns to see that it's going to rain.
Okay... he prays that he didn't jinx it.

____________________________________

The quiet clicking of computer keys echoed throughout the room. He was running a maintenance check on the Brickification Device, making sure things were functioning properly. To his relief, things are going surprisingly well now.
While he knows that Vilius is now gone, you just can't ever be too sure. If disaster struck again and everything becomes doomed because he couldn't be bothered to repair an important machine... It'll be all chaos. Best to make sure they have a backup.

Come to think of it... He remembered how Guren said the black dragon key was in Behnam Tower. Which is odd, why was it there? Snow didn't put it there, nor did he really know besides the Brickification Device. Admiral didn't know, he didn't even know that the dragon could be controlled.

Umber looked at the screen. He switched cameras. Speaking of Admiral.. Why is he here?
The brunette studied his friend for a moment, who looked around and talked to workers that were in the tower. It's like he's looking for someone...

Umber watches the screen, seeing what Admiral was doing. Oh, he's meeting up with Snow?

Wait... Snow looks confused. They both do. What's going on? Umber can see the white-haired man reach his phone and..
His own phone rang.
"Umber?"
"Yeah, it's me. What's up, I see you guys on the cameras, and you two look lost."
"Wait, you're not the one who messaged me here?" Snow asked. "I thought the Brickification Device had a problem?"

Umber paused. What? "No, I didn't send that. I just ran the maintenance check, and everything is fine." He even checked his messages and email. Nothing. He didn't send that the device had an error.
"Huh, I thought we were just meeting up for something?" Admiral chimed in through the phone. "Like, friend stuff?"
"No, I didn't send that either." Umber felt himself grow weary. Wait, who wanted them all here? Why them? Why at the tower? "Wait, whoever sent this must've known us for a while if we're all fooled. Who-?"

"Goodnight."

Umber felt a sudden shock of pain exploded through his head, vibrating through his skull as he fell. He must've made some type of noise because Snow was suddenly concerned.

"Umber? Umber?? Hey, what's going on?? Umber?!"

It all faded to black.

...

The doors closed, iron covering every exit and every window. "Snow, uh.. Is this like a suprise or..?" Admiral spoke, looking around nervously before setting his gaze to Snow.
He looked petrified as if the realization shot him with a bullet.

"No... No, no, no, NO!!" Snow sped off, which Admiral gave chase. "Huh?! Snow, wait, what do you mean, what's happening?! Lumi!"

A rumble quivered through the earth as Admiral lost his balance. Something began to glow and flash on his chest. A bright green.
He reached for his necklace, a thin silver chain that held his old corebrick. Wait, why is it glowing? It's been years since it actually was functional!

The tremors only grew more intense as Admiral quickly held onto the rail. "W-What's going on?! An earthquake?!" He can hear panic everywhere. People screaming and desperate to leave, the cries and shouts from outside that were slowly getting drowned out by rushing water.
No.. Wait, his corebrick is glowing, and now.. Now, there's water.
Hold on, they're..!

They're being taken to Quarton!!

..

"ASTER!!" Snow shouted as he quickly tried to get through the panicking workers. He ran to floor B1, quickly typing in a code that unraveled a secret passage. "Aster!! Stop!" He cried, begged as he desperately ran to where the control panel was. Why, why was he doing this?! Damnit, he should've known! He should've tore the Brickification Device and started over years ago if he knew that Aster would still use it for it's original purpose!

Snow burst down the door and gasped. He saw Umber on the floor, unconscious as a bat layed near him. And standing in the center.. Holding the device's key and lodging it down...

"Lumi. Lumi White." He smiled. "Don't look like that. You should be happy."

"We're finally going back to Quarton."
And with that..

Aster activated the portal. All of Behnam Tower... It sunk into it.

Leaving behind only a colossal hole as the portal shuts.