I Need a Hero

Riju's POV

Ugh. This sandstorm was like nothing Riju had ever seen. It had been going on for weeks! And these half-dead monsters, gibdos, Bularia had called them, were everywhere. Riju had tried hunting them down, but they seemed invincible to everything except her lightning, which she couldn't control properly. If only someone could help direct her strikes. The gibdos had forced their way into the town awhile back, and had long since decimated it, as well as the bazaar. They had been forced to retreat into the Gerudo secret shelter beneath the city. They had been taking in any refugees lost out in the storm. Even voes, it was that desperate. They had lost all contact with the outside world. Riju had no idea if anyone was even alive out there. Sighing, she picked up her scimitar. She had been training at the ruins up by the Icehouse. Bularia was probably freaking out right now, and she had been getting nowhere anyway. Hopeless and alone, Riju trudged through the sand back towards the town, praying she didn't get lost.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                              Sidon's POV

What in hylia's name was going on? Huge, heavy clumps of purple sludge had been falling from the sky everywhere in Zora's Domain, contaminating their water. Anyone who came in contact with it became very ill. On top of that, it was hard as a rock. Anyone who had the misfortune of being out when it was falling was a goner. Sidon and the Zoras had been forced to take shelter in his father's secret shrine inside the mountain. It was the only place where they were safe from the sludge. His father, King Dorephean, had been the first to take shelter after he became gravely injured during an encounter with a strange sludge monster. Sidon had constantly been on the lookout for any survivors or messengers from Central Hyrule. He currently had no idea what had happened outside of Lanayru, or if anyone was even alive! Sighing, he turned around as he heard soft footsteps behind him. "Sidon! What are you doing up so late, my love?" It was Yona, his fiancee. "I'm just looking for survivors. If anyone's left out there, they might need help." Yona looked him in the eyes. "I know you're concerned, and I am too. But we're not going to get anywhere, if you're out of commission because you're so tired! I'll take the next watch." Sidon groaned. "Fine. I'll make a deal with you. I'll go get some rest, if you go fetch an experienced  soldier to be on guard. I couldn't live with myself if you died, or even got injured!" Yona looked thoughtfully at him. "I suppose I'll go fetch Bazz. But only if you rest that anxious head of yours!" She giggled, before kissing him lightly on the cheek, and then left. Sidon sighed. Oh, how he had fallen in love with her. He headed to bed on the comforting notion that she was safe. But the thought that was stuck in the front of his head, was if they would even survive long enough to get married.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                               Yunobo's POV

Yunobo yawned as he lazily lay back against a wall. Ahhh. He was living it up. Death Mountain had stopped erupting, no monsters were attacking, he had a nice, fancy mask to wear, and his stomach was always full.

Man, this marbled rock roast was good!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                    Tulin's POV

They were running out of food. When the blizzard had hit, the Rito had first tried to wait it out in the village. But even their feathers and warm, fluffy clothes didn't stop the snow and winds. Eventually, the snow had piled up high enough that the Rito were forced to take shelter in the nearby Village Chasm that had opened up during the Upheaval. Inside the chasm, they had found what seemed to be an abandoned mine, however, lava was still flowing in the furnace. The lava was a blessing, it had kept them all warm for the past few weeks. Tulin walked forward and peered up at the chasm entrance. But now they were running out of food, and the steaming lava couldn't do a thing about that. Many of the Rito had already started to go hungry, and a few had never returned from looking for food. Harth had been one of them. Tulin walked back to where the Rito were huddling around the furnace, searching for Saki and Teba. Locating them among the mass of beaks and feathers, Tulin ran over to them, his talons clacking on the stone floor. "Mom! Dad! What are we going to do about the food? We're running out!" Teba turned around and picked his son up in a fluffy hug. "You're so young, you don't need to be worrying about things like that. Let me and your mom figure that out. You just keep warm and get some sleep. It's been a long few weeks." Tulin looked up at his dad. "But dad! If we don't do anything, the Rito will starve!" Teba sighed. "Yes, but that's not your responsibility." Tulin placed his small head on his dad's chest. "Dad?" He asked after a few seconds. "Yes, Tulin?" "Where's Link?" Teba sighed and looked up at the chasm wistfully. "I don't know, son. But right now, we could really use a hero."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------