Vox POV

"UGH DAMNIT SON OF A- URGHAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

Valentino winced as his hand was crushed upon by Vox, eye twitching. "Careful Voxxy..~ I still need this hand-"
Obviously, this was the wrong thing to say at this moment.

"OH, SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU BASTAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!" Vox yells angrily, then screams painfully.

"Sorry Voxxy..~" Val winced again as Vox crushed his hand.

"You're almost there, Sir!" The doctor at the end of the bed chirped, her hand resting gently on Vox's shin.

"OH SHUT UP!!" Vox leaned back on the bed, panting and groaning before leaning forward again.

Valentino didn't know how doctors did it. Just after these couple of painful-on-the-ears hours, he wanted to never see another laboring demon again.

But the doctor took the insults and kept working. Never once complaining about everything like Valentino wanted so badly to do.
"You're doing so well, Sir. You're so close. I can see her head."

"FUCKING FINALLY! YOU'D THINK IF YOU'RE SO GOOD AT YOUR JOB, SHE WOULD'VE BEEN BORN BY NOW."

Valentino rolled his eyes. He may not know everything about this process, but he was pretty sure the length of labor wasn't up to the doctors.

"Just keep pushing, Sir. It'll be alright." The doctor says from in between his legs, setting down a bloody towel and picking up another, clean one. Vox screamed again. "Yes, there we go. Just one more push, you got this, c'mon."

Vox gasped.

Valentino relished his hand not being crushed anymore.

The doctor smiled.

"There she is!"

Vox reached down as quick as he could, taking the screaming infant into his arms. He lay back on the bed, looking down at her as she uttered her first cries. His hand ran over the tuft of red hair on her head as her hands batted around blindly at him. A dozen or so freckles crossed the bridge of her tiny upturned nose. She had tan skin with just a light tint of her father's gray undertone. When she opened her eyes, he was looking into pools of glass, reflecting the dazzling light from his screen. Blue eyes. Like him and his family when he was on Earth.

She looks so much like him. Was Vox's first thought.