𝑭𝑰𝑹𝑺𝑻

"𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒

"𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒."

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.:

15th August 1993

AUDREY and Oscar always knew that their daughter was different – special. From really young age she showed signs she possessed Ancient magic, something that part of Audrey's family could do. First big clue revealed itself when she was running away from her father while he was chasing her during some game. Y/N tried to dodge Oscar, however when she jumped from his way, her body traveled in unbelievable speed to the other side of the house. She was young so it was incredibly funny to her, but her parents were to say at least shocked.

Second surprise came when her mother showed her few old artefacts of Rackham family. Y/H/C girl asked her mother about glowy blue whispers around her silver great grandmother's watch. Audrey had never seen anything, so she looked at her seven years old daughter with mouth wide open. Later when she told Oscar, he seemed to be even more wowed.

All of these incidents were nothing against the last one that happened. Y/N was eight at the time. She and her parents had a little garden get together with Remus Lupin, her godfather. Adults sat in a small wooden gazebo and the girl sat on the light green grass right in front of them. Mid their conversation they heard a bubbly laugh coming from Y/E/C girl. All off them though she played with some bug or flower. Their smile falter when they saw large piece of rock levitating in bright blue lines towards their faces. Remus came to his senses first and with scared expression cried oud "Bombarda!"
Little Y/N shrieked in happiness as she watched three adults terrified out of their minds. She did get scolding from them, but in the same time they knew she didn't know how to control her gift.

After that all of them definitely believed she inherited Ancient magic from her great grandmother. Maria Augusta Rackham was the last person known to wield Ancient magic. She died few years before You-Know-Who raised along with his followers, so Y/N never knew her. But she was told on uncountable occasions how amazing and strong Maria was.
After she died, it seemed as if no other person was born with unbelievable special ability, until Oscar and Audrey decided to have child.

Due to her extraordinary talent she never got chance to go to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her letter did come on her eleventh birthday, however her parents were cautious so they kept her in hiding. Of course it broke her and she was angered by her parents' choice. They did go to school and they always told her stories of their fantastic journey, why couldn't she go there?

She wanted to have fun with friends, meet new people. But she couldn't, Y/N was homeschooled and her only friends was Oscar, Audrey and Remus maybe some kids from nearby village, but she didn't have a chance to go there often.

When August came, realisation that she won't go to Hogwarts fifth year in row downed on her even more. Sadness started to eat her alive, she was fifteen with no social live and memories with kids her age.

On 15th August she sat down on breakfast in lower floor of the cozy cottage they lived in. Her father sat right in front of her and her mother sat on her right. Her Y/E/C eyes stuck on the plate of bacon and eggs. She ate slowly her food, sometimes engaging in conversation with her parents even though her face looked as if she wasn't with them in the room.

"Y/N, darling, are you alri–," Oscar's question was  interrupted with loud knocking on the front door. He shared knowing smile with Audrey and went to open the door. Y/N looked at brunette woman next to her, confusion evident in her eyes. Where they having guests?

"Remus! Come in, we are waiting for you!" Oscar's voice came from the hallway. Y/H/C haired girl shot up from her place, her sad feeling changing into happiness.

„Moony!" she shouted as she threw herself into her godfather's arms. Remus happily returned her enthusiasm and gave her a hug. „Hello to you too, Pup," corners of her mouth curved even more, her godfather called her Pup almost her whole life.

"What are you doing here?" asked the girl while she stepped back from the hug and let Remus go further into house. He looked a little sick, his face pale as porcelain and eyes a little glossy. But it was no wonder why her godfather looked ill, it was few days before full moon. It broke her heart seeing her favourite person like that, she wished she could help at least a little.

"Well, we have some news for you. And we wanted to tell you together," this time spoke her mum, her greyish eyes having sparkles of excitement. Y/N looked at Audrey with hope, she loved surprises.

One thing she didn't know was that her parents were actually nervous for her. Audrey had debated with Oscar if it was right idea, however Remus made them feel better and reassured them, that he will be by his goddaughter's side all the time.

Dark haired man seated back to his chair and beckoned to his daughter to do the same. All of them sat around circular table not caring about their breakfast anymore.

Adults shared one look and with nod of their heads decided it was time. Y/N felt little anxious, she moved on her seat as if there were little nails hurting her.

Remus started looking for something in his coat pocket purposely taking hist time.
"Remus don't make her wait any longer. She looks like she will explode in few minutes," laughed green eyed man. Remus and Audrey smiled a little, but Y/N didn't find it that amusing, she really wanted to know what's happening.

After a few minutes, which felt like hours to the young girl, he took out thin creamy letter. He handed it to Y/N with cheeky grin on his face. When his goddaughter inspected piece of paper carefully, she couldn't help but cry happy tears.

The letter sealed with Hogwarts crest signalised only thing to her — it was her time. Her time to make new memories and learn new things, the whole new world opened to her.

She hugged all of them with bone crushing strength while she screamed "Thank you! Thank you!", so loudly it, that probably people in London heard it.

Her parents' fear faded away when they saw her, merrily jumping around the whole room. She was happy after five years of sulking every time she wasn't going to school, that was all that mattered to them.

After the victory party Y/N settled down and opened the letter. Her heart full and joy still running through her veins, she read the page of supplies at least five times. Her mind went back to the memories everyone told her about. She will finally know the place her family loved so much.

Then it really downed on her — she's going to Hogwarts.

:・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.:

A/N

Hello u pretty person! First chapter out! It's currently 4 AM in my country so I am exhausted however hope u like this!

As always, if you see any mistakes please correct me. English is not my first language so I may write something wrong. Write some comments, write me a DM anything you want <3

Thank u for reading and see you soon!

With love

— M <3