Prologue

Goh's POV

   Goh's eyes advert to the dark surroundings, as they flutter open. He can hear Grookey snoring peacefully, with no worry whatsoever. His hands clutching the soft bedsheet as he recalls his memories with Ash. All of the adventures, ups and downs. All gone to waste. Goh slowly sits up, wary not to wake up Grookey, and grabs his phone. He slowly flicks through photos, of Ash and him.

   "ah, why did he have to go..?" He whisperers to himself, tears stung his eyes as a wave of sadness fell above him. Slowly, Goh pushed the covers of him and stood up. The cold floorboards sent shivers up his spine, as he walked outside of the room. Making sure not to wake everyone in this household, he swiftly, but carefully walked to the balcony. He leaned on the railing as the cold air pressed onto his skin.

   Goh still lived in the Cerise Laboratory, while Ash had left more than a year ago. The duo had not contacted each other in a while, nor interacted after they went their separate ways. No one knows where Ash went after he won the title of 'the world champion'. No one.

   "Where would Ash be now anyway? The new region, Paldea?" He asked himself, sighing heavily. "Would he even remember me?"

   "YES HE WOULD..!" a voice behind my whisper-mumbled, whom was Chloe Cerise. "NOW WTF ARE YOU DOING OUT HERE AT 2 AM?! If you were trying to be sneaky, then you should teach Grookey to not hit people at 2 am." She tells me, walking towards me. Then leaning on the railing as well. Chloe's hair was all messy, exactly like it is every morning.

   "I miss him."

   "OFC you do Goh..." Chloe tells me. "I do too. It's not... what's the word?"

   "As... fun?"

   "uh, yeah."

   Goh and Chloe look out into the horizon. Thinking about their friend, who would be standing in between the two. Smiling and laughing. Goh's heart ached as he thought about him... The sky lightened as the minutes passed.

   "Where would he be though?" Chloe asks him.

   "That's what I was wondering..." Goh tells her. "I want to look for him. I mean like, there h been no information about him ever since he won the World Coronation Series."

   "Should we?"

   "Yeah..."