Adoption.

As a young adult, I was always lonely after I had broken up with my boyfriend. Sure, we were still friends, but I distanced myself away from people. I didn't really have any company at all. So, I decided to adopt a little boy. I always wanted children, but I never had someone else to suggest to help me, so I decided to raise a kid by myself. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard. Plus, I could use some company.

His name is Osamu Dazai. He was pretty quiet and gave me weird looks. It unsettled me a little. Yeah, I know he's just a child, and he's getting adopted by me, but the weird looks creep me out a little.

The first time we've met, I introduced myself to him. "Hello, My name is Mieko Kawakami. You can call me by either name, I don't mind." Osamu nodded his head, and I took him home with me.

He wouldn't let me hold his hand or anything. He seemed completely distant. Which I was fine with since we've just met. He walked inside of my house with me. He seemed to be observing it. He mostly stared at the pictures on the walls.

"You have an interesting home." He quietly told me, I slightly smiled. "Thank you. Most of this stuff is vintage." Osamu continued to observe my house, still curiously looking at the photos. "Are you hungry? Would you like anything to eat?" I asked Osamu softly. He shrugged. "I'm not sure what to eat.. suprise me."

My eyes widened slightly, and I smiled again. "Alright." I calmly said as I headed my way towards the kitchen. Osamu looked at the living room TV and stared at it in confusion. He wasn't sure how those worked since he had never really watched one. He saw the remote to it, and he pressed random buttons. All it did was confuse Osamu more. He got frustrated, but he wasn't gonna ask me for help.

Meanwhile, I was in the kitchen cooking fried crab. Osamu could smell it. He slowly walked into the kitchen. "What are you cooking..?" He asked curiously and quietly, tilting his head as he looked up at me. "I'm cooking fried crab for you." I calmly told him.

"Crab?" Osamu asked me curiously. It was almost like he didn't know what it was. "Those sea creatures..? Ew." Osamu rolled his eyes. "Have you ever tried it?" I looked down at him just to see him avoid eye contact. "No, but they look bad." Osamu slightly whined, I sighed and continued to wait for the crabs to fry.

"Well, I promise you they aren't that bad. Once you try it I'm sure you'll love it." I softly spoke to Osamu. He didn't seem nearly convinced at all. The crab was fully fried, and I grabbed them out with tongs. Osamu cringed when he saw the way they looked. He looked at the fried crab as if it were some weird creature. Osamu was still skeptical about the crab, but he decided to take a bite out of it.

"Osamu, that's.. That crab isn't fully cooled down -"
Osamu chewed on the crab, tasting it for a moment. His eyes sparkled. This tasted so delicious. Osamu became delighted.

"I'm fine, I didn't burn my tongue." Osamu continued to munch and eat on the food, making him completely happy.
I looked at him in shock, my eyes slightly wide.