Chapter 24

LIFE HAS BEEN so great lately, you're so overjoyed with the family that you have made

LIFE HAS BEEN so great lately, you're so overjoyed with the family that you have made. If Jake and the kids never came to your clan to seek refuge you wouldn't be here right now with a loving family and husband.

The sun was bright today in Awa'atlu, Lei'wa was going to her mothers mauri to have a check up on her baby, Jake was accompanying her. The kids were out playing by the beach. You knocked on Ronal's hut to make sure that she was home or anyone else. Footsteps approached the entrance of the mauri and Ronal appeared in front of you with a soft smile.

"Ma'Ite, Jake, come in." She spoke up leading you both inside. You laid down on the mattress and Jake sat next to you, holding your hand. Ronal pressed her ear against your stomach, after a few seconds she raised her head speaking up. "Your baby is healthy and strong." You turned to look at Jake and smiled. Jake smiled back at you.

"I'm going to apply a paste on your bump, if it turns warm then it is a girl, if it stays cold it is a boy." Ronal said mixing the white paste. You and Jake nodded your heads in response.

Ronal gently applied the paste on your belly, after a while the paste stayed cold. "Mother it's a boy! It's a boy!" You cheered happily. "Oh congratulations Ma'Ite!" Ronal replied clapping her hands excitedly. Jake laughed eagerly as he showered you with loving kisses. Ronal looked at you both, she was thrilled to see you happy with Jake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After your check up you and Jake told the kids the news, they were filled with joy once you told them. Aonung and Tsireya had their happy dance at the news.

The next morning Jake decided to make breakfast for everyone, he fed Niraya, organized the mauri and began to cook breakfast.

Jake loves helping you out, he wants you to relax once in a while, so he felt the need to help you out.

"Good morning Ma'Jake, ooo I see you've already started to make breakfast." Lei'wa spoke up as she rose from her hammock. The kids all followed behind you curious to know where the smell of food was coming from. Jake smiled at your comment. "Good morning mama." Jake replied pecking your lips.

"Morning dad, breakfast looks good. I didn't know you could cook this good." Loak spoke as he licked his lips while looking at his plate of food. "Morning son, well now you know." Jake replied with a chuckle. "Morning dad, I'm starving, this looks delicious." Neteyam said as he sat down beginning to eat. Kiri sat next to Neteyam and Tuk sat next to Kiri munching on her fruits.

"Thanks dad, it tastes so good." Kiri said with her mouth full. You giggled at how funny her voice sounded. You rubbed your belly softly as you started to eat, it was a habit that you catched onto, you would always caress your baby bump.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day went by quickly, you ate dinner with Jake and the kids. You invited your parents and siblings as well as Satari, Neteyams girlfriend. And your best friend Ikari.

Lei'wa and Jake put the kids to sleep and cuddled up together in their shared hammock, snoring softly while the ocean sang them a lullaby.

A/N - Chapter 24 completed!!! :))) 💖💖