Prologue

The black space drifted past. Slowly and softly. Never ending. Falling or floating? What was the difference when you are unable to tell which way is up. Flashing colours now. A face. The only clear thing. Flashes of lockers, classrooms, teachers. I know the words, though I have never experienced these images before. The sound of a thousand Angels singing in harmony fills my ears. I would know. I have first-hand experience on singing Angels. I was one. An Angel. Now I am falling. Forgotten. Why me? Why now? The sick sensation is unfamiliar to me. Angels don't get sick. No one does in Heaven. It’s a rule. An expectation. The dead have no need for illness. Then again, the living don’t either. Something churns deep inside me. The colours move faster. Twisting and turning. Flowing into each other and the boys face. The blur. The twisting pain. The falling. A light breaks through my eyelids. Pain. My head throbs and I raise my arms to block the sun. I begin plummeting towards the Earth. The Earth? How long have I been falling for? Drifting away from my home. My life, if you could call living in Heaven a life. I brush through tree branches. I carefully open my eyes. I manage to see a blue sky and green leaves. My head snaps upwards as my body crashes to the ground. A black cloud gathers around the edges of my vision. I blink, and the cloud creeps closer to unconsciousness. My back snapped and I heard a piercing scream. Mine. Then the darkness stole me from my newfound world.