Love and Conquest

Ezra: "Es-Rah"
Rubian: "Roo-Bee-Ann"

Age 6

"Papa, what's an Alpha?"

"An alpha is usually described as an individual with a dominant personality, possessing high intelligence and strong willpower. They are usually physically larger, stronger and more imposing than their beta and omega counterparts, and are usually seen as the leader among the pack due to their dominant personality."

Rubian was amazed.

"Papa! I'm an Alpha!"
His father chuckled and patted his son's head while placing a kiss on his cheek.

"No, baby you're an Omega."
Rubian gave him a confused look.

"Omega? Is that better than an alpha?"

"Hahaha well an omega is often portrayed as the submissive counterpart to alpha. They are often described as weaker, smaller, and more emotional than their alpha counterparts. They are usually seen as more caring and nurturing than their alpha counterparts. Sometimes, they are also portrayed as being more physically attractive but more fragile than the alpha."

Rubian crossed his arms.

"That's not true at all! I'm not weak! Or emotional! I'm strong!"

"It's not a bad thing being an omega. Omegas are beautiful and kind. But there are some stubborn ones like your daddy."
Michael, Rubian's father, pulled out a picture of his mate Seth.

"Hmm..I wish I could've met daddy."
As soon as Seth gave birth to Rubian, he passed away.

"You know you resemble him a lot."
That made Rubian smile.

"Rubian, one day you'll meet your destined mate and you'll live happily ever after like in the stories"

Rubian didn't understand what his father meant by finding his mate.

Age 11

"Rubian! This is the third time the principal has called me!" his father said in a stern voice. "I've had enough! Why do you keep fighting with your classmates?!"

"Papa, they make fun of me! They keep saying I'm an omega!" Rubian shouted back. Michael sighed as he rubbed his temple.

"Baby you ARE an omega and there's nothing wrong with that."
Rubian has been acting up at school causing problems for the teachers and students.

"Stop calling me baby! Only omegas are called by that!"
Rubian ran upstairs to his room.

"Bab— Rubian wait! Haaaa...I wish you were here Seth..."

Age 15

"Papa, you were a general in the military right?"
They were currently having dinner.

"Huh? Oh yes well I retired once you were born. Why do you ask?"

"I want to join the military once I turn 18."
Michael nearly chocked on his food.

"You want to join the military? Well, I suppose you could."
Rubian was surprised that his father was letting him.

"Can I really!?"

"Sure! They'll be needing some for the medical service. You'll be the top nurse for sure!"
Rubian frowned.

"Papa, I want to be a general. Like you." Rubian said with determination in his voice.

Michael let out a chuckle.

"What's so funny?!" Rubian said, irritated.

"Rubian, that position is only for alphas." Michael replied.