𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚅𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚄𝚁𝙴𝚂, 𝚂𝙰𝙼𝙴 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙼

~

{𝙳𝙺 & 𝙽𝙾𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸}

Time was an imaginary construct when it came to the Knowles Clan. Especially when it came to DeKaylin and Normani.

If you had told them a few years back that they'd fall in love, fight gruesome battles for one another, get married, and have a child, they would've laughed in your face.

But here they were – having faced death a handful of times for the sake of love, and having a son who was growing exponentially by the day.

Jaden was already a sophomore in college, just a year younger – in theory – than his parents when they met.

He was just about everything his father was at that age – the perfect mix of athletic jock and science nerd

He was just about everything his father was at that age – the perfect mix of athletic jock and science nerd. He also had his father's charm. But he had his mother's heart. Though he wore his on his sleeve much more than she did when she was in college.

He had amazing grades, was cool with any and everyone he came in contact with, and was one of the star players on the football team. The same team his dad played for.

He begged his parents to let him stay on campus. They thought it would be better for him to just make the drive, seeing that he still needed to work on his blood lust.

But after proving to them that he was more in control of it than they thought, they allowed him to make the move at the beginning of the new school year.

In the end, the couple was glad they made the decision to allow Jaden on campus. It gave them more time to themselves. Just like when they were "younger".

Today would be a chill day – spending the day at the house, having movie marathons, and cuddled up on the couch. They had all their snacks out and organized, their phones were on "do not disturb", and their giant flatscreen was ready for whatever movie they wanted to watch first.

"What you wanna do, baby girl?" D asked, loosely wrapping his arm around his wife as she leaned into him. "You feelin' dinosaurs? The Monsterverse? Marvel?"

"Honestly?" Normani said. "I need to catch up on all the Planet of the Apes movies. I've heard the new one that recently came out was really good, but I feel like I'll miss a lot of the inside details cause I haven't seen the old ones in a minute."

D chuckled before heading to his and Normani's shared Hulu account. Once the first movie began playing, the couple settled more into their couch, eyes glued to the screen.

After a while, D's mind started to wander. It didn't take long for Normani to sense it. She had learned how to read her husband's mind despite him being a shield, and she knew he was inwardly battling some of his life's regrets. His biggest one turning down an opportunity to go pro.

D was such a good man, he never expressed the disappointment in himself outwardly. He always expressed that spending time with his family and being there for his wife during the toughest moments of their relationship was worth it.