background story

I'm using fake name for making it easier to keep track of the characters....

Anna - Cinderella's step mother

Fred - Cinderella's father

Sam - Fred 's elder brother

Rose - Cinderella's bio mom

Lily - Anastasia

Nora - Drizella

Luna - Cinderella

Well, I'm a lazy butt so I didn't go through the original texts but instead I just used google so my source would be Google 😊😊

As the movie was based in the pre-French revolution era and widows can't inherit their husband's possessions and men could marry their brother's widows....

So what if,

Anna was married to Sam and after his premature death she was left with nothing and Fred inherited all of Sam 's possessions. And at that moment she was pregnant with Lily while Nora was 5 months old.

After 10 years, when Luna, Lily and Nora were 10 years old, Rose died and Fred came to Anna with an offer to marry her. In these 10 years, Anna was struggling to even have the end meet. Lily and Nora witness it all, see how their mother struggles to put meals on the table while Cinderella was in the home which should be there's. Fred thought this way Luna would have a mother figure to look after her when hed not be at home.

Anna was furious at the offer but came up with a plan, after the death of Fred. She'd be the only person to look after the possessions. And Lily and Nora would finally get what was their birth right. Thinking about this, she decided to marry Fred.

Wasn't it a bit weird how just after some time how Cinderella's dad died after marrying the stepmother?

After getting rid of Fred, Anna discovered that Fred didnt have anything to his name all that he owned was of Sam's.

This was because while Sam and Anna's marriage was an arranged, Fred married Rose against his parents wish and they had disowned his for these reasons. Even the house they lived in was earlier owned by Sam.

Her anger was over the limit, what should have been her daughters, Lily and Nora. It was all given to Luna, all the luxurious, expensive clothes and respect from society it should be of Nora and Lily, but all they got was some bread even if they were lucky. There were many nights where have to go empty stomach as they can't even afford the basic meals while Sam had these lavish parties. She decided that Nora and Lily would get all that should've been theirs and Luna would get what she should have been getting from the start.

Wasn't it a bit off how the stepmother was always so determined to train her daughter on how "proper" Ladies should be... While Cinderella was treated as if she was nothing?

I think you all know what happens from here onwards...

[I'M IN NO CONTEXT JUSTIFYING HER ACTIONS BUT INSTEAD JUST WANTED TO WRITE HER A BACKSTORY.... THIS IN NO WAY EXCUSES WHATEVER SHE DID AND HOW SHE TREATED CINDERELLA.]