♟️one | Aella

♟️Let the World Burn
by Chris Grey

♟️Let the World Burnby Chris Grey

I killed someone.

It all happened too fast.

After a heated fight with Tristan in my mother's home, which I've been forced to call mine too, I left the house in the middle of the night for a run in the woods, to ease the anger overflowing from my body. I didn't think anyone would appear in the middle of the woods that surround the Victorian villa of the De Vere Beauclerk, because the whole territory was said to be fucking safe. I've taken strolls in it before, as I was never one to be scared of the dark.

These woods are entirely part of the De Vere Beauclerk's property.

That is, until someone began to follow me in the shadows like a creep, which I initially took it to be Tristan, since it's his family's property and he knows it like he knows himself. I yelled at the person, thinking it was the demon I'm familiar with, telling him to stop with the fucking prank, because it was not funny. But it took me a minute to realize that the steps were nowhere as confident and consistent as Tristan's have always been ever since I met him, in December of 2021, back when he still had no idea who I was.

It was what made me turn my head around, because I knew the sound of his steps by heart now, since my oh-so-precious made the damning decision to set me in a suite right in front of his, even though I asked her to put me as far away from him as possible, and those were not his steps. They were heavier, louder, pretty much stomps. Tristan's steps are like that of a predator, you have to focus to listen him around, he walks around like a panther, confident and silently, as if he's hunting a wary animal.

Which meant there was a real creep following me, in the woods, in the middle of the night. Like any woman in my situation, I grew instantly alarmed. So, when I looked behind me and saw Christian Beaufort, one of the only common enemies I and Tristan had since I began to attend Stryker Prep Elite, after my father died and I had to move in with my mother, nausea crawled up my throat and a horrible feeling installed itself into my bones.

I had never met him out of the school, definitely not without Tristan unwillingly around me, and one hundred percent not in the woods. And if there was someone in SPE with a worse reputation than Tristan de Vere Beauclerk, that someone was Christian Beaufort and his other two twin brothers, because the devil had to be a triplet. His reputation around the girls was the worst possible, as he assaulted more than a dozen and raped another handful who weren't powerful enough to fight against him, and fundamentally, against the Beaufort.

I've never been one to be scared, I am my father's daughter, he taught me that fear can be a weakness that will be exploited by anyone, it was an obstacle to being perfect, and I am an older sister of twins who used to depend on me, I couldn't afford the luxury of being scared. But fuck, if finding Christian Beaufort following me in the woods didn't made me nearly pee myself with the icy-cold fear that crept deep into my bones. Especially not when I saw the disgusting intent darkening his shit-brown eyes, that were shadowed by his dirty blonde hair falling over his forehead.