The Rabbit's Snare

-Agent Kwon Taekjoo, are you on the line?

"Yes sir," he responded.

-Are you making your move now?

Taekjoo glanced at his partner, Salman Basayev with an annoyed expression.

"We're on it sir"

The person on the other end cut the call, filling the air with silence.

Kwon Taekjoo sighed and began to load his gun with bullets. His irritated state painted a stark contrast to the absolute horror on his partner's face.

"Taekjoo" Salman pleaded meekly.

"You have no idea what we're getting ourselves into.

"Why won't you listen to me?"

Taekjoo turned around and grabbed the startled beta by his collar, causing him to shrink back in fear.

"I don't care if you're scared of Zhenya," he hissed angrily. "Our mission is to simply steal the blueprints for Anatasia and get out of here."

"If you think that you can't do a simple thing like that, then get the fuck out of my sight.

"I'll finish this myself."

Ignoring his partner's desperate protests, Taekjoo secured his gun under his waistband and slipped into the obscure darkness of the woods, disappearing within sight.

—-

Taekjoo muttered curses as the sharp branches of the Siberian trees scratched his face.

This smart bastard, he grumbled to himself. Out of all the places in Russia, Zhenya had chosen to hide the blueprints to Anastasia on a secluded Siberian island that wasn't even on a map.

Only people with money and connections can buy entire islands and hide them from existence

He suddenly remembered the warning his superior had told him before leaving South Korea. There was not a single Korean agent who had come out alive after targeting Psych Bogdanov. Belonging to the powerful Bogdanov family, Zhenya was one of the most dangerous alphas in all of Russia. He held major political power due to his connections, and controlled the entire arms industry of Russia.

The only reason Taekjoo's superiors had found out about the location was due to the info gathered from the previous agent on his mission. He had been sent on a mission to collect intel on Zhenya and the Bogdanov family, but died in the process. Before his very unfortunate death, he had sent a distress call revealing all the intel he had gathered on Zhenya and the weapon, Anastasia.

Unfortunately, Zhenya had discovered the agent spying on him, and brutally killed him, throwing his body in a river. He wasn't found until the next day.

However, unlike that agent, Taekjoo had confidence he would succeed. As a high ranking alpha with over 10 years of experience in South Korea's national intelligence service, he was more experienced than the poor beta who had been sent on this mission before.

As an alpha, he was physically stronger than betas and omegas, and was easily able to overpower his targets with his strong pheromones in his previous missions.

He was also a highly trained agent, and had good experience with guns and weapons of all kinds.

Starting out as a young, and naive beginner, he had quickly advanced to higher positions and was now a full fledged special operations agent due to his previous mission success rates.

Taking all of this into mind, Kwon Taekjoo, with confidence, jumped over the fence barrier between Zhenya's mansion and the forest.

—-