Chapter 1

Four months later.......

Beyoncé's POV

"Good morning, Mrs

"Good morning, Mrs. Carter" my receptionist greeted me as I walked into my office building. Yes  I am Mrs. Carter now. Shawn and I have been married just over two months now. I stopped at the desk and smiled softly at her.

"Good morning, Vivian..how are you this morning?"

"I'm doing pretty good, Mrs. Carter. How about you?"

"I'm doing great, thanks, you don't have to keep calling me Mrs Carter. It's Beyoncé to you."

"Okay..Ms. Carter...I mean Beyonce" she quickly corrected herself.

"That's better." I smiled at her before heading for my office.

I am a business woman now. Right before getting married my husband and I decided to walk away from detective work. There was an incident that almost ended my life and so for the sake of our family and the family we planned on growing we decided to walk away. It was the most difficult decision I ever had to make. I have been a detective for years and that's all I know so deciding to leave that world behind was extremely challenging.

Shawn and I argued about it for days before I finally decided to let it go. Looking back now I think that was the best decision we could have made. I have no regrets we have taken time to focus on our marriage and venture into our passions and business. We loved our job as detectives, but felt it was time to move on. Shawn has continued to be the successful businessman he is and an even more fantastic husband. We were happily married. life was good.

The elevator ranged as it opened revealing my assistant. "Good morning, my fabulous boss!" My assistant greeted me as she joined me on the elevator and handed me my cup of coffee.

It has been almost a month since I had opened my Ivy park company and started my business. A dream that has now turned into reality shout out to my husband, who pushed me and made this all possible. Because of him, I now own an office building, which he gifted me as a wedding present, encouraging me to go after my dreams, and here I was less than a month later. I am a successful business owner of Ivy Park, and I couldn't be more grateful for how successful I have become. In just a month, business was booming.

"Good morning Hanna, how's your father doing?" Two days ago, Hanna's dad got into an accident and has been in the hospital since I gave her a few days off to be with her family.

"He's doing much better, and the doctor said he should be discharged by tomorrow."

"That's good. I'm glad he's doing well."

"Yeah, me too, and thanks for covering the hospital bill plus the flower and the edible arrangement. I really appreciate it. It meant the world to my family and I" she said, getting emotional.

"Aww Hanna, " I signed  sadly "come here" I told her wrapping an arm around her shoulders and holding her close just as I did my daughter when she was upset. "please don't cry cause imma start crying, " I said, trying to hold it together.