Chapter One

A handsome man looks over a document, frowning as he does, in the American secret investigative organization, commonly known as the CIA. 

Standing next to him is a woman with straight and short salmon hair. She seems to be very nervous.

"Ms. Odell." He sighs discouragingly.

"Y-yes, sir?" The woman says nervously.

"Why is it that you've been messing up every document you bring me? Have you not even learned the basics?" He frowns. "Or are you trying to get me angry?"

She blushes and tucks a piece of hair under her ear. "Um, what exactly did I do wrong? I reviewed it five times before giving it to you."

"The line spacing is wrong, the letter spacing is wrong, you used the wrong brackets around the page numbers, and there are four more manuscript errors!" 

The woman seems defeated.

"Furthermore, our report manuscript guidelines require that you use Calibri Light for annotations, but here you used Calibri!"

"W-wow- how did you know all that?" 

"Are you saying you did all of this on purpose to test whether I knew the guidelines?" The man's eyes are lasers now, pointing straight at the woman.

She whips her head back to avoid his gaze. "No, of course not!"

He rubs his head in frustration. "I can't believe you messed up the most basic things. I doubt you're even capable of understanding what I'm saying right now. You may go now. And don't forget to throw this piece of trash you call a report in the recycling bin." He goes back to his work.

I'm Destiny, and my boss just yelled at me.

I buried my head into my arms and groaned.

"Hey, why're you letting this bother you so much? You know well enough that Mr. Gardner's got a bad temper," Hannah stood next to me, expression confused. 

I whimpered. "I know, but..."

"Come on, why else would we call him Mr. CAW?" Stands for Cranky Ass Workaholic, if it wasn't obvious enough.

"But still..." I couldn't find the words.

"He likes to go by the books a little too much. That's why he's such a jerk. You're a rookie that just finished training. You're bound to make a few mistakes here and there." She smiled warmly at me, her warm blonde hair hung over her face.

"Thanks, Hannah..." I looked up at her. "But seriously, Mr. Gardner is so--"

Right that moment, he walked past.

"Mr. CAW!" Hannah whispers, startled. "Quick, hide, Destiny!" She blocked my body with her face, and he continued to go away. "Whew..."

"Mr. Gardner... Hannah, I've gotta tell him what's on my mind." I said with a glint in my eye. "It's too difficult to bear. I can't hold it in anymore!" I stood up.

"What? Wait, what are you going to say?"

"Something that's weighed heavily on my heart for a long time. I can do this!" I ran in the direction where he went, out the door and into the break room.

Hannah shouted from behind. "Wait, Destiny!"

I barely heard her.

As I walked into the room, he notices me, and looks up.

"Mr. Gardner,"

"Are you here to use the break room?" He asked.

"No, I just wanted to tell you some--"