Al-Nadaha/ The Caller

*Based on a True Story*

The story that is about to be told is based on a true story, or at least that's what the people who experienced it said. Al-Nadaha or The Caller said to be a very beautiful.... Ghost that looks like a woman. Although she, or it is very beautiful, there is something about its eyes that is very scary.

Al- Nadaha lives in the countryside of Egypt. The thing that Al- Nadaha would do is call the person's name with a very beautiful, tempting voice, if the person that was called didn't answer to the call of Al- Nadaha, it will call the person with the voice of someone the person loves.

When the person that has been called answers, Al- Nadaha will kill the person, if it did not succeed the first time, it will try again until the attempt is accomplished. Anyhow, on with the real experience.

The story is told by a man that does not want to be known by his real name, so lets just call him John, John says...

When I was a very young boy, no older than 10 years old, I had this group of friends. It was after sunset where we all sat together  and shared horror stories. A boy that was sitting with us said "I know a real horror story" All of our attention was directed to him, I mean who would want to miss a REAL horror story?

The boy told us about someone... or something called "Al- Nadaha" it was all interesting and scary, but it got really interesting when he said "Legend has it that it lives in a place that is behind John's house, a fenced place that has a well in the middle, it says that it lives inside the well, you know it John?" "Ya"

Of course, being a ten year old that does stupid decisions, all I wanted was to impress the ladies, so I said " I will go to that place" I got a few gasps and the boy that was saying the story told me "No! Don't go! Are you crazy? You will die in there!" "Well, lets see. oh, and I am going, in fact, I am going right now" I said with a bit of an attitude. "Fine, whatever, but let me warn you, you will die in there" The boy warned. "Fine" I walked away stubbornly to that 'Haunted place'.

When I first entered there, I felt uneasy, I mean of course I would feel that. How would you feel if you walked into a place that is supposedly haunted? I walked towards the well and looked inside of it, it was endless, or at least it seemed to be. I picked up a pebble and threw it in the well. After a while, I heard it crashing to the ground, I threw the second one, the same thing happened only this time there was soft, faint crying. A wave of fear shot throw me, but I wanted to prove my point so bad that I threw another one. This time it was clear crying with laughter. I was about to fall from terror this time, but I still wanted to prove my point. I threw in another pebble, the sound that was made this time was severe sobbing, the crying of a baby, and a very evil laugh. okay, one last one. I looked around me and there was this huge rock, I tried lifting it, although it was very heavy, I managed to. I took it and threw it in the well. This time in less than a second, I heard a noise that I will never forget in my life, it was an extremely loud growl, a growl that shook the ground.

I didn't waste anytime, I ran as fast as my legs could take me. Then something hit me on the back. I realized it was the first pebble I hit it with, then the second on hit my shoulder. Believe me or not. the closer I got the door, it seemed to be going farther. the third hit my leg. the fourth hit my head, hard. I almost fell, but I didn't. Then I realized that this is the big rock, the one that if it hit me. it would definitely end me. I assumed I was dead, but the rock wasn't thrown at me, it was thrown in front of me. I tripped, when I was about to stand up, something grabbed my leg, dragging me to the well. It was a great power, like three men dragging my leg. With great effort. I was freed, I ran and ran and ran, I felt like someone was running after me. By then, I was screaming for help. I was very close to the house.  When something hit my head and I blacked out.

When I woke up, I was thankfully in my bed. My mum was crying. "Why would you do this John? Why did you go there? You were passed out right next to the well John. Were you going to jump in there?"

Something my mum said caught my attention, she said I was passed out next to the well.

But I was pretty sure that I passed out near the house.