deadbeat daydreams

. . . . . ☘︎ ݁˖

In a small antique shop in the heart of Olympia, Washington, a mouthy Myrna Richis was known as the eccentric & mysterious shopkeeper. While she spent her days buying & selling an assortment of trinkets & curiosities, the kind that would have spirits attatched to them, it was her true passion for the arts — her nightly dream sequence-esque punk rock performances — that fed her vibrant spirit.

But Myrna was also frequently stressed. Business was tiresome, and she often found herself struggling to balance her craving for hedonism with the demands of her cruddy old shop. Her deadbeat dad was no help either, a real killjoy he was, as he was always breathing down her neck & disparaging her creative endeavors. Myrna was always determined to chase her writhing dreams which were so frequently criticized, but she was damn near her wits' end.

One day, a gangly guy by the name of Kurt walked into Myrna's shop in search of used lefty guitars. He was a rising crooner in the Washington scene & found himself magentized to her, her unusual art, & her offbeat shop. Myrna, in turn, found herself equally fascinated with him, his band & his artistic sensibilities. Something beautiful blossomed that day. 

As they shared time together, discovering shared interests & constantly inspiring other, they began to form a bond that would shape both their careers & their psyches. Together, they moved up in the scene, finding an unexpected harmony in their strangely similar yet simply complex outlooks of the world. It wasn't always easy sailing. Both of them were dealing with their share of criticism and struggles, their tendency to spiral, but together, they were able to push through and continue to pursue their fantasies. 

Within the shifting cultural landscape of 1989, Myrna and Kurt's connection became the compass that helped them navigate through the realities of life that'd so constantly plague their minds. The turbulence was always there, but within eachothers presence, they found themselves nourishing the courage to keep creating. 

                                                                                        ❁✿❀