𝟏. 𝑴𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝐄𝐙 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓

As September comes to an end, typically, so do the warmer nights. Colder weather starts to blanket around New York, especially during nightfall.

Tonight's sixty degrees didn't discourage a rowdy crowd from forming at the discreet location in Washington Heights. The address is always revealed forty minutes prior to the start time. A pick between three backstreets in Harlem and The Bronx.

Anticipation was high for tonight's street race featuring Ezri Souvenir. Many of those attending had thousands of dollars on the line between the four competitors.

It's now nine o'clock, according to Ezri's newly purchased iPhone. Each time the home screen awakes, he's reminded of the expensive price tag. Taxing him almost three thousand dollars for both devices.

"Aye, let's get this shit on a roll my nigga. What's the hol' up?" The base in EZ's tone flowed effortlessly to a few bystanders. Amongst the group was Jada Needly, a regular supporter of the entire FTD crew. However, it's no secret that Jada has a favorite of the four.

"Hi, EZ." She spoke quickly, hoping to gain his attention this time around.

Ezri recognized the flirtatious voice immediately. Jada wore an unapologetic proudness with her support. Even going to the lengths of introducing herself during the last two races.

"Wassup." It wasn't a question, so he didn't wait for a response.

Saheed interfered by stepping to his big cousin's side. Pete, who handled FTD money transfers, was also at a close distance. Both heard the agitation in Ezri's question.

EZ sensed some relief then. Saheed has been M.I.A for almost six minutes. Causing a slight disfunction in tonight's play. Not to mention, EZ also recognizes the glare in Jada's eyes — and a piece of pussy wasn't on his agenda.

Even with a handful of women in attendance, just to secretly admire him.

"We ready, E. Ay' Pete, let them niggas know we start in two minutes," Saheed just needed a second with Ezri alone. Pete not thinking much of it, took the call. Once he was a safe distance, Saheed decided to address his absence before Ezri asked. "Step ova' for a sec."

They're on a time crunch, but EZ followed his cousin's request. The two of them were within sight of the street, but out of hearing range.

"What's up, Smoke?" He asked, referencing Saheed by his nickname.

"I had some of my people fall through."

Ezri took a second to respond, his mood shifting slightly to the news. A significant amount of ammo and military-style weapons are in close proximity. He didn't need to do a full 360 to pinpoint the target spots. EZ knew Saheed's people.

"Why you needed that?"

The two of them are the masterminds behind tonight's operation. Never has Ezri felt the need to have snipers involved. He's well-equipped to handle himself.

"Cause...ya' know? Just in case. Shit, you don't even trust them niggas we racing tonight."

"Nah, I don't. But Ion wanna homicide on my hands eitha'."

"You ain't gotta worry 'bout all that. I got it unda' control."

Pete was approaching EZ and Saheed once again. Slowing down with a few feet in between them. He only had a quick message to deliver, "They ready."