021; the pit

LEAH

LEAH

Times seemed to move in slow motion as Leah's knuckles turned white around the gun in her hand. Madison's knuckles were also white as she shoved the spoon deeper into Troy's eye socket. He was starting to look like a confused blur of red.

Oddly enough, Leah couldn't hear the screams around her. The only thing filling her ears was the dripping blood falling from the man's face onto the ground.

She felt like she was one drop of blood away from throwing up. Her words got caught up in her throat, she couldn't scream. Her heart was blocking the way. She might as well throw up that too if one more drop of blood poured from Troy's mauled face.

It was like she was seeing the entire scene from above. She could even see herself like her body wasn't hers. She was just a spectator watching the sick shitshow unfolding in front of her.

Troy was still yelling at her to get the woman off him, but Leah couldn't hear him. Madison was also yelling and the girl couldn't register what she was saying. They were all screaming. Maybe she was also screaming, her throat was raw. She didn't know if she was screaming.

She probably was screaming, because a few seconds later there were a lot more guns pointed towards Madison. They were also screaming.

Troy yelled at them to step away and Leah never saw him so afraid as he was right now, the metal of the spoon turning red with his blood. There was too much blood.

Everything was a red blur. Leah's vision began to blur too. She felt dizzy at the sight of so much red.

Madison kicked Troy to his knees and he let out another pained scream. The spoon threatened to scoop his eye out now more than ever. Leah knew that all it would take for Madison to blind him would be another slight move.

With the corner of her eyes she saw Jake stepping in, his hands raised. He wasn't screaming, but Leah could hear him.

"Ma'am, ma'm!" He tried to get the woman's attention, "Ma'am, please let my brother go."

"Jake!" Troy screeched, "Get her off me! Get her goddamn off me!"

"Where is my family?" Madison asked Jake the question she had been asking Leah since she first pointed the gun at her.