♟️eight | Tristan

♟️ Illusion
by Dua Lipa

"They don't curse, they aren't rude even less hostile, they are well educated, do well in school, are liked by everyone, I taught them French, Italian, Spanish, and dad

"They don't curse, they aren't rude even less hostile, they are well educated, do well in school, are liked by everyone, I taught them French, Italian, Spanish, and dad... dad helped with the Greek. I taught them how to ice skate, but Atlas likes hockey and lacrosse, while Athena us more delicate and loves ballet and she was also in the choir of the church. I lost my will to be much of a believer, but they are catholic like father and you."

"They pray before eating any meal and before sleeping, and they are thankful for their life and everything in the world, they won't grow to be spoiled, I taught them how to value money, but they are competitive. They love classical music and pop, Atlas plays the violin and the guitar, while Athena plays the violin, the piano, and the harp," sigh. "They have a good appetite, eat their vegetables, love fruits, are moderate on the sugar, and I kept them far away from caffeine. While Atlas's favorite dishes are sushi related, Athena loves pasta, and their favorite ice cream is strawberry flavored, like you used to."

She swallowed, her voice losing potency, "They don't have bad eyesight like me, even less ADHD, OCD, or anxiety, I made sure the doctors would examine them to be sure they wouldn't be defective as I came out, so you wouldn't cut them out of your life like you did me, if one day they ever wanted to seek you out. I was afraid of them suffering bullying for being to damn kind, so, I taught them taekwondo, and overall self-defense. Athena had her period 13 months ago, she has soft cramps and her blood doesn't flows much, but I always help her with warm towels and she also likes warm jasmine tea."

"Atlas has soft pains in his back ever since he fell from the stairs of his damned school and hit it on the hard edge of it, he doesn't cry about it, but when he's in pain he scratches the back of his neck, and a soft massage helps, I do it with a ointment for torsions that I usually use in my muscle torsions from track and field, ice skating, and taekwondo. Your step-son probably has some, since he's a hockey player, every athlete has it, if you give to Athena, she'll know how to help him, since I taught her. They aren't troublesome in any way, I taught them how to respect rules, and,"

"Why do you speak as if you raised them alone?" She swallowed. "What about your father? Where was Dean?"

A silence befall the room, until the girl sighed, "You're lucky I'm too fucked up in the head right now with the grieving, or I would give you a horrible answer. However, as I'm too damn tired for that, I'll just say it as a normal person would. Father still loved you, he got depressed when you left us for your old money rich British husband because he couldn't provide you the life you... deserved it in LA, so, he grew hateful of himself. He... became obsessed with his own work, and the little time he had, he used up on being angry with me for not being perfect enough for you, and he would be around to give a goodnight kiss on the kids after I had put them to bed."

"I don't feel like it's right to talk about that right now, because I can't speak my mind, or that would be offensive to him, and I can't allow that to happen, not now. Besides, you don't get to say shit, Juliette, at least father was here, at least we slept knowing he was at home and working his ass off to provide for us the best he could, he tried to be more for us, in a way he was unable to be for you. So even if he had his shortcomings, he was still here, and he... he tried to make up in the past months, he was present and he was kind for a change, and the kids needed that."