Untitled Part 1

"Children! If you don't come here right now I'm going to go myself!" 

"Wait! Pierre can't find his stupid book!" Willow yelled back, casting a feather-light charm on her backpack. "Hey!" Pierre turned to glare at his sister, who only rolled her eyes. "Come on you knucklehead. Leave your book here if you can't find it in time," she muttered, starting to put on her school blazer. "I swear I left it here! I just- aha! Found it!" the hazel-eyed boy grinned triumphantly at his sister, before swinging on his backpack and taking his duffel bag.  

"Children! Do I need to come up there?" Renee Adams, the matriarch of the family, started rattling the rickety staircase. "No! We're coming!" Willow replied hastily. "Pierre! Come on!" 

---

"Now remember to write to us," Renee started. "And send us candy!" came the enthusiastic cry. All three family members turned to look at Jack, the twin's best friend. The vampire smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, the principle let me come say goodbye to you guys. Forgot to tell you. But really, send us candy! I heard they have blood lollies over there!" the physically-ten year old but mentally 11 year old grinned at them, fangs flashing. "Yes, yes. Enough of that. Write to us, send us candy and food, if anyone bullies you hex them," Renee finished, looking exasperated. "And by the grace of the Great Magix, I'd better see those workbooks done by Christmas. Just because you two don't have math class there doesn't mean you get to slack off," Both twins groaned, side-eyeing each other. "None of that. We all know your science grades were bad last year. Portkey's leaving in thirty minutes now, so hurry up,"

----

Giving another goodbye to their friend, the twins grabbed the carved stone lying on the ground as their mother counted to ten behind them.

"10
9
8
7
6
5
3
2...
1!"