Chapter 8:

Over the course of 4 months, Le culte de l'araignèe did various forms of torture and abuse to both Sydney, Callahan, and Lisa, sending each torture tape to Helen and her husband, reminding them of the bail they were forgetting to pay.

Louis sighed, watching the sunset from Abraham's balcony, drinking goat's milk. Everly came out and told him that Helen paid the bail, Louis rolled his eyes annoyed, and screamed in anger, slamming the glass cup down, shattering it. "Why can't we just kill them?!" He yelled angrily, getting up as Everly said, "He threatened to burn this village, or use a nuke."

Louis gripped the railing tightly, angry, facing away from her. "Of course, he uses the nuke threat! Hah! Well, they won't be able to reverse what I did to Lisa" Louis chuckled, it was a deranged laugh, he knew Everly hadn't seen what he did to Lisa. "Oh, Louis, what did you do?" She sighed and teleported off. After 2 minutes she came back. "Louis! You are going to get yourself in big trouble! What if Mr. Peters mutates you?" She quickly yelled, grabbing him, and forcing him to turn around. He just smiled. "I had to make her suffer like I did Evy," He said, trailing off, his smiling fading.