34 - How could you?!

I and Taylor made our way out of the hotel as we walked to the parking lot. We came at his car as he opened the door for me to get in. I simply did that as he too got in, shutting the door.

" Drive." He said to his chauffeur who gave a quick nod and started the engine. I gave a furtive glance at Taylor because he had caught my eyes. I bit on my lower lip as I looked out the window.

The night was pure and beautiful. I let out a low sigh as I ran my fingers through the scars Tyler left on my neck. It hurt. I removed my fingers from there so as not to draw attention but then Taylor's fingers grazed it making me hiss in pain.

I turned to look at him but still his green orbs didn't leave my nape. Some places where Tyler touched me still hurt, but I'll check those spots out later. When I was away from Taylor.

The fact that Tyler touched me between my thighs made me sick, I could only allow Taylor touch me there. I don't know if he was drunk or if he did it intentionally. But all I knew was he touched me.

I stared outside as I saw an old man walking off in a patient's dress. I stared at him a little confused. Pondering on if he ran away or what?

I slowly turned to look at Taylor who was typing on his phone and then glanced at the old man. Didn't the hospital know he left? He didn't look alright. Just then, someone came into my head.

Jim. I gasped. I left him. I told him I'd come early. I immediately turned to look at Taylor who was staring at me raising a brow because he heard my sudden gasp.

" I- I- I forgot my dad at the hospital." I stuttered. I can't believe I forgot about Jim. It'd be hard if he gets mad at me. " Please drive to the hospital." I said to the chauffeur who nodded.

Arriving at the hospital. I walked in to meet the nurse I saw with Jim before. " Im here for Jim..., James Wesley" I said. " James Wesley was discharged an hour ago." She replied. " D- d- discharged? By who?" I mumbled. " Carmen McCarthy." She said as my eyes grew. " C- Carmen?" I asked.

No!! What was her plan? Why joke with dad?

" She said she was taking him home. Where he belonged." The nurse said with a smile. " And you let her?!" I yelled causing the nurse to flinch. " Where'd they go?!" I asked. " Home." She replied calmly.

I immediately scurried out of the hospital, but someone drew me as I hit a hard chest. I lifted my eyes to meet Taylor's and that's when I remembered he was here with me.

" Taylor..." I cried. " She's gonna kill him..." I cried. I picked my phone out of my bag as I immediately called Tyler. " Tyler! Where are you?!" I asked over the phone. " Tess, I'm sorry." he apologised and I wasn't interested in any apology.

" Tyler! Where's Carmen?! Where'd she take Jim to?!" I yelled. " Jim?" Tyler asked a little confused. " Nowhere. Carmen took Jim?" Tyler asked. I looked up to meet Taylor's orbs as I immediately looked down. I had lost my voice.

" Tessa.. Tess.." Before Tyler could finish I hung up. No!!! Carmen can't do this to me! My phone started ringing as I stared at the caller's ID and it was Carmen. I answered the call as I swallowed.

" Hello?" I answered calmly. Saving my breath for when I saw her. " What a sight it is to see him fall off a cliff.." Carmen said with a sigh as my eyes grew. " No!" I yelled. " Come on Tessa, he hasn't died yet and you're already screaming, what will you do when he does?" Carmen asked.

" Don't you dare Carmen! I swear to God, I'll kill you!" I yelled as I watched Tyler alight his car approaching us. " Oh... Tessa, it's quite fun to hear you scream. I warned you Tessa. Stay away from Taylor, but being the innocent fool you were, you didn't listen. And now look at the consequences. Poor Jim is paying for your sins." She whispered.

" Don't you dare hurt a hair on Jim's..."

" Or what?" Carmen retorted.

" Tell me Tessa. What will you do?" She asked as a chuckle escaped her. " You have five minutes to make it to Oaks Bridge. If you're not here on time. Let's say goodbye to Jim, shall we?" She asked ending the call.

I hurried to Taylor's car without a second thought in mind as I had the chauffeur drive off.

*TAYLORS POV*

Tessa was really in a hurry. She forgot me and with this thick headed Tyler. What Carmen was up to, I had no idea, but Carmen killing someone was way out of line.

I needed to follow Tessa and make sure she was at least alright. " Are you coming with me?" Tyler asked as he stared at me. Although the fact that he touched Tessa was still making my blood boil, I could at least reason Tessa's life for now.

I gave a slight nod at Tyler who nodded too.

* TESSAS POV *

Oaks bridge was located in the woods. It was an old wooden bridge which had been built for ages and would take a miracle for a soul to walk on it without dying. And, adjacent Oaks bridge was a cliff, that led to the end of the woods.

I used another road to get there, and at that time, Taylor and Tyler had just gotten there. We all alighted the cars as we looked around to see Carmen standing by the foot of the cliff. She was looking down at something which made my heart to beat faster.

Had she threw Jim? I immediately approached her and she turned to me with a smirk. " How could you?! How?!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Heyyyy my dear readers.

I love y'all. I'm so happy about this book and I can tell you all are too.

Please comment because I love reading feedbacks, vote because I love seeing the names of my readers pop up on my screen and also share.

Love y'all!!!

- Hearts.