62.

11/5/2024 - saturday
london, uk

"CHANDLER?"

"Hm?"

"Where are your forks?"

The girl slid off the kitchen stool and walked over to the drawer beside John. She opened it, retrieved the utensils, and began setting the table. John noticed her distant expression, clearly preoccupied.

The City player decided to visit his little sister, seeing that the Manchester-based club just finished a game against Fulham, easily receiving their three points.

The Chelsea team had played Nottingham Forest yesterday, the squad returning from travel early in the morning. Wanting to see her brother, the girl decided to prepare dinner, with Conor arriving soon to join them.

"What's on your mind?" he asked, watching her arrange the silverware with precision. Chandler glanced at him, her eyes momentarily unfocused, and shrugged.

"Nothing, just thinking," she replied, her voice lacking its usual energy.

"Tell me," he insisted, his curiosity piqued.

"Well, I might be overthinking," she cautioned, biting her lip.

"What is it?" he asked again, his concern growing.

Chandler sighed deeply, pausing in her task to look at him seriously. "You can't tell anyone," she said, her tone grave.

John's eyebrows shot up. "Wait— is this about you and Conor?" he asked, bracing himself for the conversation. As much as he loved his sister, he could only handle so much personal information.

"No, not really? Or maybe?" Chandler responded, her confusion evident.

John frowned, confused. "What do you mean?"

"At the Chelsea banquet, I met Derek," she explained, setting down the ceramic plates with a slight clatter.

"What did he have to say?"

"He just said he had a surprise for me and he asked what my one football wish was," Chandler replied, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

"To play with me?" John guessed a hint of excitement in his tone.

"Right, but he left it at that," she said, crossing her arms.

"Wait— Chan. Are you transferring?" he gasped, feeling a mix of shock and anticipation.

Chandler only shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know," she answered truthfully. "He wouldn't do that without telling me."

"That's so exciting, Chan," John said, a smile growing.

"Nothing's confirmed, John," she warned, not wanting him to get too excited.

"But he's implying you're transferring," John pressed, his excitement barely contained. "Do you want to?"

"I don't know," Chandler admitted softly, her fingers nervously toying with the edge of the tablecloth.

"Chandler. We all know City is better, and think about it. We'd be together all the time, and you'd win something with us. You'd be amazing," John said, trying to persuade her.

"I really like Chelsea, John. And Conor's here," she replied, her voice firm but with an undercurrent of uncertainty.

"Nothing is official," she held her hands up defensively.

"Manchester is only a train ride away, you'll be fine," John reassured her. "Chandler. You know how much it'd mean to me if we were on the same team."

She took a deep breath, running a hand through her hair.