Introduction

The Djinn gathered all around as king Asmodeus and prince Leviathan stood together at the massive throne of human skulls. Anxiously, they waited to find out why they had been summoned. Their beady, inhuman eyes notice that Asmodeus is in his human-like form, something only done when the king must venture to earth. This usually meant he would capture human women for them to breed with. The male Djinn begin to growl and drool like ravenous dogs at the thought of fresh slaves to devour sexually and create new offspring.

"Silence," Asmodeus shouts, his powerful voice booms- shaking the entire realm like an earthquake. His keen blue eyes glared impatiently at the Djinn as they slowly obeyed him. When all is completely silent, he continues.

"As you all know, Leviathan and I usually go to earth together and round up runaways from around the world. We bring those human women back here for you to procreate our race. Initially, we simply mated with our own kind, but the offspring always seemed to lack obedience. Mating with human women has indeed been significantly better, but it only lacks the power to take a complete human form. They always have some deformity that gives away their Djinn blood. When the time comes for our race to devour humanity and overthrow heaven, we will need an army of our kind that can pass as humans. I have decided it is time to use my own powerful seed to produce a superior race of our kind. Leviathan shall do the same if this works with another mortal woman."

The female Djinn and concubines growl as their King's words reach them—their red serpent-like eyes filled with ravenous anger and jealousy. Leviathan's massive growl abruptly stops the chaos.

"Asmodeus is king; whatever my brother says goes. Asmodeus has always left the task of multiplying our race to you all. He is right: we need an army that can fool humanity when restoring natural order. After many heated discussions between us, we have reached this conclusion unanimously. Before he finishes his declaration, I warn you all that if anyone murmurs a word of disrespect or dispute, I will end them immediately," Leviathan hisses. His tongue slithered between his sharp teeth at his last word and a deadly look in his red eyes.

Asmodeus smiles at Leviathan and pats his broad shoulder in appreciation. Leviathan and himself were forged from fire together, but there was never a question between them about who the alpha was. Asmodeus was created to rule and Leviathan to be his right hand in all matters. Together, they used their skills and the brimstone from the fire to make the Djinn race. They wanted a family to quell the loneliness of darkness and fire that covered the universe. The nocturnal creatures were powerful and loyal but lacked the intellect that Asmodeus and his brother were blessed with. Asmodeus tried to convince Leviathan for eons that they needed more than one another to converse with. After a strange deity of light came forth and forced their race and themselves to the shadows, extinguishing most of the fires and flames that needed to be intensified. Asmodeus knows this is his chance to have both the superior race and a companion. He would never admit that he longed for a female who could challenge him in every way.

"I have decided to take a mortal queen to increase our power and numbers. Before you all panic, Leviathan and I have chosen this woman very carefully. This woman is not a young runaway like the women you have been given. This woman is powerful in her own way, a high priestess of the old religion of witchcraft. Gabriella is strong-willed, smart, and beautiful. She will no doubt bear me strong children," Asmodeus insists proudly. He does not wait for his subject's approval or reply. He shimmers himself to earth to start the process of winning over his chosen mortal mate.