ch. 1: party...

Riwoo looked in the mirror, the music blasting through the speaker in his and Leehans shared dorm. He tugged down at his top, only long enough to barely cover his navel. He twirled and studied his reflection, reshaping his hair and adjusting his necklaces.

"Listen, I'm the one and only~" Leehan sang as he combed his fingers through his hair one last time and stood to face Riwoo. He studied his roommate. "Riwoo..." He pulled him to meet him in the eyes. Riwoo's eyes sparkled as he looked up at Leehan. "Trust me," Leehan said. "You look good!"

Riwoo avoided eye contact and began to shuffle in place. Pulling down his shirt once more, he said, "You think so?" Leehan pulled Riwoo's face to look at him once more.

"I'm sure of it. You need to get out a bit," They both walked to a cabinet in their dorm. Leehan pulled out a bottle of unopened vodka. "And I'm ready to get fucked up!"

Leehan poured shots for each of them. Riwoo looked him up and down at his slightly too-small tank top and low-waisted jeans. He watched his bicep flex and relax as he raised the bottle and set it down. Leehan passed the shot to Riwoo. "On the count of three?" He said. Riwoo nodded again.

"To having a good night!" Leehan cheered as they both raised their glasses. They downed their shots in seconds. Riwoo felt the liquid coat his throat, he tried to enjoy the stinging sensation, but all he could think about was what the party they were going to, would bring.

~

Both boys walked down the street to the party house. This house was off their college campus, known for make-outs, heavy-petting, and wild nights. The music radiated through the streets. You could see people spilling out of the house already. They stumbled their way to the front driveway. Leehan held Riwoo's shoulder, "Don't worry, Hyung, you're gonna have a great time! Maybe you'll get lucky tonight?" He winked, and Riwoo playfully shoved him. They both giggled.

"You need to shut up before I go back home right now," Riwoo, only half-joking, said as they walked to the front door.

As they opened it, the atmosphere immediately changed. The room was filled with drunk people dancing and others lining the wall, some talking, the rest making out. The smell of alcohol singed Riwoo's nose. The lights of purples, blues, and reds begged them both to the floor.

Inside, Riwoo already felt nervous. No longer self-conscious about his clothes, he was now conscious about the people. He knew most of the people here, some on his dorm floors, others in his class, and even a biology TA was there. Riwoo turned to Leehan. "I know too many people here... Let's go back while we still have a chance."

Leehan looked around the room, almost as if he were trying to find someone. Without turning to Riwoo, he said, "Let's stay for at least 20 minutes. If you're not having fun by then, we'll go back." He looked down at Riwoo, "Deal?"

Riwoo rolled his eyes again, "OK, fine... deal." Leehan smiled and then dragged his friend to the dance floor, Riwoo tried to resist but eventually gave in as they both moved to the middle. Leehan loosened up immediately. He let his body move to the music in ways the Riwoo had never seen him do before. His hair swayed back and forth across his face as he dug deeper into the music, letting the atmosphere and the alcohol consume his body.

Riwoo swayed side to side, attempting to let the music in. He felt awkward as he had never been out since starting his freshman year at college. Leehan, his best friend and roommate, was the extrovert, the one who got invited to parties (like this one), and the one who had the most friends. In fact, Leehan had initially wanted to go to this party for Riwoo to get out, but Riwoo knew the secret reason was to see his crush, Sungho.