𝟏𝟗| 𝖋𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖑𝖞 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊

ON HIS WAY TO BAKERSFIELD the next day, freshly showered and any signs of renovation washed off his body, Happy stopped at a gas station just before he reached Bakersfield to fill up his tank

Rubbing the back of his wrist across his forehead to remove some sweat, he put the hose back in the pump and headed inside to pay, some stones crunching under his boots.

On his way to the checkout, wallet already in his hand, he stopped abruptly in front of a high shelf of magazines, his jaw clenched tightly as he reached for a particular magazine.

His hand gripped the magazine so hard that the leather of his gloves threatened to tear as he stared down at his half-naked Old Lady, taking in every little detail as she posed for the camera. Fuck, she was hot, and prettier than any woman he had ever seenᅳ but only he should see his woman like that, not any random guy who needed to jerk himself off.

Happy shoved his wallet back into the back pocket of his jeans, muttering something under his breath. He slowly leafed through the porn magazine, his jealousy increasing with each new picture of Tessa.

The cover photo was provocative, with her body covered only by a fishnet bodysuit, causing his pants to tighten around the crotch area. The Killer adjusted his pants with a clearing of his throat, glad he was the only one in the gas station besides the clerk.

All of the pictures looked actually professional, all of them, Happy had to admit that. None of them seemed cheap or sluttyᅳ but he still didn't like that everyone could see his Old Lady half naked. In some pictures she even wore quite a lot of clothing, albeit provocative, seductive clothing such as fishnet stockings, leather outfits or corsages that pushed her breasts up. In some more pictures Tessa was chained to a bed with leather handcuffs around her wrists, drawing a low groan from him.

And then on the next page he discovered the images that made his blood boil. His Old Lady, kneeling naked on a bed, one hand holding one of her breasts while the other slid down her perfect body.

Snorting aggressively, Happy closed the magazine, pinching the bridge of his nose before he stared at all the remaining magazines with Tessa on the cover, shoveled them into his arms and walked towards the checkout, ignoring the clerk's slightly amused yet concerned look.

"Uh, just the magazines?", he asked with a hint of amusement in his tone. "I mean, I understand, man. I bet she can do a lot of magical things behind closed doors."

Happy's head snapped up, his murderous gaze boring holes into the man in front of him. Shit, he hadn't been a saint before Tessa, and just a few months ago he would've talked just like the young guy behind the cash registerᅳ but he certainly wouldn't listen to other guys fantasizing about his woman.

His threatening look silenced the man. He even lowered his head as if he had done something wrong and finally mumbled a 'sorry' before giving Happy his change and shuffling towards the back area before he'd get himself a black eye.