𝟬𝟬𝟲. best regards, chris sturniolo

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 6
[real life]
˚。⋆౨ৎ˚⋆

lara and nick made their way over to alessias table. alessia was still trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

"hey, how are you guys?" she asked, not wanting to sound rude. but nick didnt seem to have any problem about rudeness,
"we didnt do it." he said bluntly. she blinked. he might as well have punched her in the stomach. "you didnt do.. the summary?"
"nope" he said, pushing his hands into his pockets.
"okay. okay, um its okay if you didn't finish.. maybe just show me what you have and-"
"i didnt do any of it." "right.. and is there a reason why, or..?" he looked her straight in the eye.
"i dont know, guess i just wasn't sure how. or, like, what we were meant to be doing, you know?"

"the summary," she repeated. the summary i already wrote out for you, alessia added inside her head. word for word. the one i asked you to copy down onto the template that i predesigned and printed and personally delivered to your house in the winter rain on the first day of the midyear break so you could do it when you had time. that summary?

"uhm, thats okay.. what about you lara?" lara pouted,
"im sorry, i tried to start i promise but i was like soo confused.."
"i thought you said you knew how to do it?" nick asked. lara shot him a quick look and then turned back to alessia.

"you know what, i can just do the rest myself. totally cool"
she expected more resistance, but they retreated back to their tables. there was no time to worry about them. this was her project, her grade on the line. one mistake and her whole average could drop and harvard wouldnt want her anymore. she pushed her laptop open, only fifteen minutes left.  she stared at the tiny words loaded onto the screen, the dozens of tabs pulled open, she felt so overwhelmed that she could choke. the words began to fade in and out, her vision blurring. she noticed chris watching her in her peripheral vision, and it was like a switch had been flicked. everything sharpened back into focus, she wouldnt give him the satisfaction of seeing her struggle. she refused to. for the next fifteen minutes, she didnt move or speak or even lift her head until she had written down every last word. she releases a sigh as she finishes it.

"thanks alessia" ms. ortega said as she collected the projects
" i cant wait to read this, the black death is absolutely fascination, one of my favourite topics!"
"im just going to pop into my office to put these away, could you keep an eye on the class while im gone?" she asked alessia.
"of course"
"great. i can always count on you" ms. ortega smiled at her. the second she stepped out the door, the class dissolved into chaos.

before alessia could do anything, an email pops up, she glances at the name of the sender, its from chris.

Just so you know, Ms. Ortega took a look
at our group project earlier and said it looked,
and I quote "Outstanding". I'm saying this now so
you're not too shocked when our grades
come back and mine's higher than yours.
I know how upset you get every time i win.

Best regards,
Christopher Sturniolo,
School Captain

she snapped her head up, her eyes looking straight at him, but he was turned away. chatting to this pretty girl next to him. as he laughs, alessias attacked by the urge to march up there and shake him by the shoulders, digging her nails into his smooth skin. she wanted to leave a permanent mark. she wanted him to feel it, to hurt. she wanted to destroy him.

"alessia" aria said
"um theres a vein in your temple that looks like it should be examined by a health professional."

when alessia didnt reply, aria leant over her and read the email on her screen.
"damn" she breathes.
"that boys really making it his life mission to get on your nerves."

alessia scoffed, opening her laptop. this was her last resort, her antidote. she liked to unleash all her anger and rage into her draft email, where she could be as harsh and petty and unforgiving as she wanted, because she also knew that she'll never have the nerve to send them out. when she wrote, she wrote anything that came to mind.

chris,
just so YOU know, im keeping your email as evidence so that when our grades come back and mine's obviously higher, youll understand how it feels to be slapped by your own hand. i cant wait for the day to arrive. but also, even if it were a tie, i don't think you have any reason to gloat. you managed to complete your project only because you have smart people like max in your group, and you have max in your group only because you sulked to the teacher about wanting to switch things up and bond with new peers and so she let you choose.
maybe the teacher and the parents you showed around this morning and everyone else at this school buy your bullshit, but I can see right through you, chris sturniolo. youre attention starved, stuck up, self obsessed, unbearably vain. you're the kind of kid on the playground who steals a toy not because you want it but because somebody else does.
also, your hairstyle is ridiculous. you might think it looks all natural and effortless, but i bet you spend entire hours of your morning styling it with a tiny comb so that the one singular strand falls over your left eye at the perfect angle.
from the bottom of my heart, i really hope your comb breaks and you run out of whatever expensive hair products you've been using to make your hair appear deceptively soft when I'm sure it's not, because there's nothing soft about you, anywhere at all.

needing to go to the toilet she sat up, quickly saved draft, it was the fifty eight one she had, majority them were dedicated to chris. and then she closed her laptop and headed out of the classroom.

when she took her seat again, she noticed, slightlu, that my laptop seemed to be in a different position. she pause, frowning. she could have sworn she had lowered the screen almost all the way down, not just halfway. but then the door opened and ms. ortega made her way back into the classroom with information on their upcoming test, making her forget about everything else. she was too focused on her next move to beat chris.

. . ౨ৎ . ׅ࣪ ⊹

❛i watched scream today and got scared so i didnt finish it🤓☝️❜
- jamie