18

Quackity is still thinking hard and being distracted as Wilbur is already laying down for the night.
He sits there just staring at the tent door uncertainly.

"Quackity what's wrong?" Wilbur asks breaking up his thoughts.

"Oh, nothing" Quackity shrugs and slides into his side of the blow up mattress.

Wilbur looks at him confused, everything he does now that used to annoy the shorter male now seems almost sweet instead.

Things can't really change that fast...

"Can we f-ck again?" he asks to break the silence.

Wilbur's eyes widen in surprise,

"Really? I didn't think you'd want to do it again so fast... well I mean yes I'd be deli-"

"I was just joking" Quackity tells him.

The other student sighs,

"Knew it."

It goes back to being silent.

Wilbur POV

He stares at Quackity, the two not saying anything else. He really wants to do something but he's worried Quackity is gonna go back to serious and hating mode.

He prefers the version who wants physical touch, he never knew that was even possible until they had... done some things.

Now he thinks he knows the real unguarded Quackity.

But what made him that way...

"Hey" he murmurs, "do you mind if I just like... pretend we are together for a bit?"

Quackity glares, "we aren't."

"But like... we did some stuff and we would look really cute together" Wilbur presses.

"I don't do relationships" Quackity keeps glaring.

"But you do hookups?" Wilbur asks.

"Uh..." the shorter male's face reddens slightly, "well... it happened."

Wilbur sighs, "Ok ill stop trying to convince you, since you don't do relationships."

Quackity pauses and meets his gaze, "well not anymore, I didn't do friends either until you."

"So there's a chance" Wilbur gives him a slight wink.

Quackity rolls his eyes, "maybe..." he says quietly.

Maybe.

Well maybe is way better then no, Wilbur always gets no, when he was at his old school that was all he would ever get.
All the girls he liked thought he was weird, but he never changed himself for them, he wanted someone to like him for how he is.
The guys... that was even harder.

But here he has Quackity, and Quackity seems to be weird like him. He doesn't have to change himself to hang out with the shorter male.

Maybe is closer to yes then no.

Quackity POV

Maybe means no, maybe means I'll think about it for a while until my brain hurts.
Maybe means I like you but I've never been able to keep anyone I dated with me, so why should I think I have a chance with you.
Maybe means I can't afford to commit my heart again.