𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕔𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℍ𝕠𝕟𝕠𝕣

- NEXT DAY -

Taehyung stood in front of the mirror, his reflection staring back at him as he meticulously adjusted his tie. His fingers moved with practiced precision, but his mind was elsewhere, tangled in the web of emotions tied to today. His eyes flickered to the clock—time was running out.

His phone buzzed on the dresser, snapping him out of his thoughts. He picked it up, already knowing who it was.

"Yeonjun, is everything ready?" Tae asked, his voice steady, though his grip on the phone tightened.

"All set," Yeonjun’s voice came through the line, brimming with mischief. "Today’s the day we finally take them down, Tae. They won’t know what hit them."

Tae closed his eyes, a heavy sigh escaping his lips. "Yeonjun, this isn’t about revenge." He paused, glancing at the photo of his parents on the dresser. "This is about making things right. I'm doing this to honor my parents' legacy, not for some personal vendetta."

"Call it what you want," Yeonjun replied, a smirk evident even through the phone. "But trust me, when you see their downfall, when you watch them crumble, you’ll feel something. Satisfaction. Maybe a little justice."

Tae’s expression softened, his gaze falling to the floor. "Maybe," he muttered, though he wasn't convinced. "But make sure the team stays sharp. This isn't just about winning the project—it’s about exposing their corruption. If anything goes wrong, or worse, if anyone gets hurt because of this, I won’t be able to forgive myself."

"Don’t worry, Tae. I’ve got everything under control," Yeonjun reassured him. "Just be ready. I’ll pick you up soon."

Tae nodded, even though Yeonjun couldn’t see him. "Yeah, I’m ready," he said, his voice quieter now. He ended the call, setting the phone down beside the photo of his parents.

He lingered for a moment, picking up the old, worn picture. His mother’s smile, his father’s proud eyes—both captured in a moment that felt like a lifetime ago. A single tear slipped from the corner of his eye, falling onto the photograph. He quickly wiped it away, clearing his throat as if to steady himself.

Today wasn’t just another business meeting. It was the moment everything would change.

For them. For his family. For the future.

"Mom, Dad... bless me. Today, I’ll secure this project and expose their lies to the world," Tae whispered, his voice heavy with emotion but resolute. The weight of his parents’ dreams pressed down on him, reminding him of their values—justice, honor, and compassion.

"I'll make you proud," he promised softly. "This isn’t about revenge—it's about doing what’s right. Just like you taught me."

He closed the wallet and tucked it back into his pocket, wiping away the tear. His focus sharpened, the quiet determination taking hold once again. A knock came at the door.

"Tae, let’s go. It’s time," Yeonjun’s voice called from the hallway.

Tae glanced around the room once more before joining him. Together, they headed to the car that waited outside the hotel. The engine hummed as they drove toward the meeting, the city flashing by in a blur of lights and shadows. The atmosphere in the car was charged with anticipation, neither of them speaking, both lost in their thoughts.

Upon arriving at the high-rise building, they stepped out of the car, the weight of the upcoming confrontation settling on their shoulders. They entered the sleek, modern conference room where the air was thick with tension. The boardroom was filled with powerful figures—CEOs of major companies, all of them here to discuss the same thing: the future-defining project that would change the industry forever.